Are there any albums you consider "perfect?"

Mort Divine

Shrine Maiden of the In-Crowd
Oct 28, 2005
Fargo, ND
I have very few albums, that I could ever consider perfect, and while I do give a good amount of albums 10/10, very little of them ever are flawless.

The three albums I find to be 100% amazing, are:

Pain of Salvation - The Perfect Element
Tiamat - Wildhoney
Solefald - In Harmonia Universali

Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse (the original, without the stupid bonus tracks at the end)

Can't really think of anything else off the top of my head.

cookiecutter said:
The closest thing for me would be Reign in Blood by Slayer. There just isn't a bad song on the album.
Haha, the irony of your name just fitting along with your post made me smile.

Clouds > Wildhoney. I wish Wildhoney had more songs like 'visionaire'.

Amorphis: tales from the thousand lakes
Sentenced: north from here
Opeth: orchid,my arms your hearse,blackwater park
Sacramentum: far away from the sun
Morbid Angel: altars of madness
Edge of Sanity: crimson

No. There's always something that could be better about any album. Often times it has to do with there being filler. Most albums could stand to lose a song or a few minutes, especially death metal albums. Anything above 45, or even 40 minutes that was good would have probably been even better if a bit had been trimmed down.

Deathspell Omega - SMRC is a great album, but i don't think anyone would have felt like they were missing something if they had cut it down by as much as 15 minutes. That and the singer never shuts up. I can't think of any other albums that have too many lyrics. Let us hear the guitars once in a while.

Obviously albums that rely on atmosphere are going to need to be lenghthier and more repetitive.

Kenneth R. said:
Nightingale - Alive Again
Unicorn - Emotional Wasteland
Riverside - Out of Myself
Zero Hour - The Towers of Avarice

Have you ever heard of Dan Swano? :Smug:

Ex-cally-boo said:
I have very few albums, that I could ever consider perfect, and while I do give a good amount of albums 10/10, very little of them ever are flawless.

The three albums I find to be 100% amazing, are:

Pain of Salvation - The Perfect Element
Tiamat - Wildhoney
Solefald - In Harmonia Universali
PADDY SAYS THEM ARE TOP OF THE SHOP ACE NO 1 cock of the north