Kiss - Revenge
Tool - Lateralus
Emperor - IX Equilibrium
Kreator - Renewal
Deep Purple - Made In Japan
Bjork - Vespertine
Voivod - Nothingface
Bob & Doug McKenzie - Great White North (Take off, eh?) :D

I have'nt found a perfect one yet, though there are many that come close. Most recently i'd say Primordial's The Gathering Wilderness. Also a few Hypocrisy albums are up there, etc.

:lol: Paddy is one awesome motherfucker!

perfect albums? i don't think there is such a thing for me. what comes close?

manilla road - crystal logic
pentagram - day of reckoning
black sabbath - s/t
pagan altar - judgement of the dead
bathory - hammerheart
opeth - still life
hammers of misfortune - the august engine

newer contestants:
slough feg - twilight of the idols
agalloch - the mantle
brant bjork - jalamanta

i'm probably forgetting some albums that i really love here, but these are the ones that jump into mind where i can listen to them beginning to end, love every second, and never skip a song.

In my opinion, what makes an album 'perfect' is its ability to connect with the listener - regardless of whether of not it should be considered 'perfect'. Of the hundreds of cds that I've listened to, there's probably only a few that can do this on the highest of levels.

VampyrRose said:
In my opinion, what makes an album 'perfect' is its ability to connect with the listener - regardless of whether of not it should be considered 'perfect'. Of the hundreds of cds that I've listened to, there's probably only a few that can do this on the highest of levels.

Actually, perfect means flawless. In the realm of connecting with the listener and everything else, so basically your opinion is wrong. :D

Nokturnal Mortum - Goat Horns
Reverend Bizarre - In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend
Bathory - Hammerheart

EDIT: somehow I forgot about: Katatonia - Brave Murder Day

How could that one dude say Still Life is perfect when it obviously has mastering errors on the disc? That automatically disqualifies it before you even listen. And it's not nearly as good as most of Opeth's albums. I don't like this sentimental attitude about perfection. Have some higher standards. There's no way you should regard more than two or three albums as perfect.

Even albums that are great could be better in some sense. In the Nightside Eclipse comes really close, but tracks two and four I think are certainly weaker than the rest. Panzerfaust also is really close, but it would probably be better if the vocals were 10% softer in the mix.