Are there any albums you consider "perfect?"

There really is no such thing as a perfect album you can not acheive perfection its like playing the guitar you can be at the top of your game because there is always someone better........But if I chose a perfect album it would be of sentimental value Its not metal but Damien Rice-O or Pantera-Vulgar Display of power (soundtrack to my youth)

What was the point of this thread? If an album can't be considered 'perfect' based on its (sentimental) value to the listener, then what is the point? Aside from that view, it is impossible to have a single 'perfect' album.

Albums CANT be perfect. Perfect is to acheive no faults every album has faults.
A perfect album is in a listeners point of view but what makes a perfect album is its sentimental value towards the person.

getchapull said:
Albums CANT be perfect. Perfect is to acheive no faults every album has faults.
A perfect album is in a listeners point of view but what makes a perfect album is its sentimental value towards the person.

Exactly.

no everyone is wrong.
Perfection does exist, there is a perfect album,
and that is hvis lysett tar oss by burzum

getchapull said:
There really is no such thing as a perfect album you can not acheive perfection its like playing the guitar you can be at the top of your game because there is always someone better........But if I chose a perfect album it would be of sentimental value Its not metal but Damien Rice-O or Pantera-Vulgar Display of power (soundtrack to my youth)

Just because there might be a better guitarist,drummer,etc.. that does not make someone elses music less perfect or good. You could be the biggest wanky guitarist but that does not mean you could have wrote the same album as good or better than a band originally did or capture the essence of the original. A lot of musicians have their own traits they have mastered & someone trying to replicate could fail regaradless how good someone is as a musician.

An album has a full band also.

I'd like to see say Eric Clapton or someone recruit 4 other guys and write an album like say Sentenced 'north from here', sacramentum 'far away from the sun', morbid angel 'altars of madness' or any opeth and see if it's nearly as effective. It does not matter how competent he is but style,influence,etc..

Regardless who is better a lot of musicians still would struggle trying to attempt writing someone elses material the way they did because they are use to playing a certain way because how they learned their instruments. It does not take away from them or others.

I know someone that has been playing guitar for 25 years but still could not write a good death album because he does not know technique of the style because he plays a certain way. Just like someone in metal might not be able to write a good bluegrass album or whatever.

The way you play your intrument is highly influenced by what you listen to. I play a certain way naturally & it's not forced one bit. I would suck at writing music in a different style but that does not take away from my playing or whatever if i'm actually good at what I do.

The Greys said:
Just because there might be a better guitarist,drummer,etc.. that does not make someone elses music less perfect or good. You could be the biggest wanky guitarist but that does not mean you could have wrote the same album as good or better than a band originally did or capture the essence of the original. A lot of musicians have their own traits they have mastered & someone trying to replicate could fail regaradless how good someone is as a musician.

An album has a full band also.

I'd like to see say Eric Clapton or someone recruit 4 other guys and write an album like say Sentenced 'north from here', sacramentum 'far away from the sun', morbid angel 'altars of madness' or any opeth and see if it's nearly as effective. It does not matter how competent he is but style,influence,etc..

Regardless who is better a lot of musicians still would struggle trying to attempt writing someone elses material the way they did because they are use to playing a certain way because how they learned their instruments. It does not take away from them or others.

I know someone that has been playing guitar for 25 years but still could not write a good death album because he does not know technique of the style because he plays a certain way. Just like someone in metal might not be able to write a good bluegrass album or whatever.

The way you play your intrument is highly influenced by what you listen to. I play a certain way naturally & it's not forced one bit. I would suck at writing music in a different style but that does not take away from my playing or whatever.

I have been playing guitar for seven years and I no many people that think they are top of their game but are not, there is no such thing as top of your game their are always improvements to be made and its the same with album production.
My job is production I should no but it is your opinion. Albums can always be better you can write a good riff or solo but one day you know you will write a better one.

Crimson Velvet said:
Its not quite there listen to it often you will see it has no faults.

EDIT: Oi, you guys type fast! :p

I does have faults, Yes, as somebody said the drums are far from perfect. Does the fact the drums arn't at all good ,make it perfect I think not.
Its the fact he used the word perfect.

You will write better riffs but the riffs you wrote before led to your progression and current riffs so really they're still perfect.

You can't get to where you are in the future without your old riffs.

Bands progress and you still look at their early albums liking them just as much a lot of the times even if the efforts are less mature or progressive.

Zakk Wild can keep learning more scales till he dies but his music and songs still suck. His playing has no feeling at all.

You know when you hear a competent guitarist but the person just does not seem like 'a guitarist' regardless if they have some competence. It's about feeling and hearing.

The Greys said:
You will write better riffs but the riffs you wrote before led to your progression and current riffs so really they're still perfect.

You can't get to where you are in the future without your old riffs. Bands progress and you still look at their early albums liking them just as much a lot of the times even if the efforts are less mature or progressive.

Zakk Wild can keep learning more scales till he dies but his music and songs still suck.
Zakk Wylde has achieved perfection with the scale he uses he uses the pentatonic scale and I think he has achieved perfection within that scale but he has not achieved perfection within his music he could learn many other scales i.e chromatic and produce a much better sounding album there is alot of differance between perfection and what you can achieve.

getchapull said:
I does have faults, Yes, as somebody said the drums are far from perfect. Does the fact the drums arn't at all good ,make it perfect I think not.
Its the fact he used the word perfect.

Yeah, I was being funny.