Are there any albums you consider "perfect?"

amonamarth10 said:
The most perfect albums:
Paradise Lost-Gothic
The Gathering-Always
Katatonia-Brave Murder Day
My Dying Bride-Turn Loose The Swans

i think Paradise Lost had a perfect song from their album Lost Paradise
it was entitled ,Internal Torment 2,that song is the F***ING best!

other than that VOIVOD Dimension Hatross is close to perfect

Hvis Lyset Tar Oss is perfect. Perfect means that there is no flaws. I listen to it over and over again, and sometimes I think I would change something, but then it was because I heard it on a speaker or ipod and the next time I listen properly it is perfect and the flaws are just illusory. Another is Kind of Blue by Miles Davis. That is so awesome. Those are the only two I can think of now. Pachabels canon isn't an album, but it is perfect. Those aren't my favorites either. My favorites are Larks tongue in aspic by king crimson, fragile by NIN, lateralus by tool, some black metal like darkthrone, Catch 33, among others. I love albums that aim highest, even if they are slightly off. Call me weird, but I don't seek perfection in my music.

TylerTheNuke said:
Hvis Lyset Tar Oss is perfect. Perfect means that there is no flaws.

There are no flaws. Sorry I couldn't resist.. You were describing perfection and made a mistake, hah.

I apologize if English is not your native language.

Another perfect album Pagan's Mind - Enigmatic : Calling, There are no recording flaws or musical flaws this album is truly perfect.

evil miscreant said:
i think Paradise Lost had a perfect song from their album Lost Paradise
it was entitled ,Internal Torment 2,that song is the F***ING best!

other than that VOIVOD Dimension Hatross is close to perfect
You mean that "Dimension Hatross" is absolutely perfect, and the others are just ok/good/very good etc.

The Chasm - Deathcult for Eternity for me. I know, that's not exactly a "unique" opinion around here but that doesn't change the fact that it's a godly death metal album.

A perfect album will never happen, but the ones people have listed can be considered near perfection.

IOfTheStorm said:
You mean that "Dimension Hatross" is absolutely perfect, and the others are just ok/good/very good etc.

in order from most perfect to least perfect with original line-up

killing technology (which i mentioned earlier)
dimension hatross
war and pain
rrroooaaarrr
the outer limits
nothingface
angelrat

Crimson Velvet said:
There is such a thing as subjective perfection, you know.

I think the noted philosopher said it best when he proclaimed

"Yeah, well that's just, like, your opinion, man".