Pain of Salvation - Scarsick is part of The Perfect Element 2 :|

Mort Divine

Shrine Maiden of the In-Crowd
Oct 28, 2005
Fargo, ND
scarsickistpeii.jpg

Well, honestly when alot of the information reguarding Scarsick was released it seemed very possible but I really didn't want to believe it, because it was said that TPE2 would NOT be the next album they released. It then leaked, and honestly couldn't have sounded any different than TPE2 was supposed to sound, but there were a good few similarites between SS and TPE1, mostly in terms of lyrics (at parts) and recurring melodies (such as in The Perfect Element, 3 minutes and 34 seconds in compared to Mrs. Modern Mother Mary 2 minutes and 43 seconds in, the melody and rhythm are very similar.)

Then it was released (Scarsick that is) and it is incredibly obvious, for in the booklet it reads "The Perfect Element: He" (as everyone has told me, I've not yet recieved my preorder copy.)

This most likely means TPE2 will be comprised of at least one more part She, and then the TPE2 that was promised to be more "BE" like.

Who knows, it is interesting none the less, and I think that knowing the connection is true makes me able to appreciate Scarsick more in context of TPE.

So thoughts?

Joke? Haha, I don't really see how. Not even fanboying this because I at first couldn't really stand the album.

The album blows? I'm not even the guy who posted that this album is a joke but he was dead on. This album is NOT TPE II, but it does indeed suck a fat one.

The album blows? I'm not even the guy who posted that this album is a joke but he was dead on. This album is NOT TPE II, but it does indeed suck a fat one.

Yes, it is TPE2 Gildenlow has stated it in a few interviews. It is a great album, not up to par with TPE1 but still good anyways.

"Scarsick" arrived in my mailbox... oh my god, what a piece of shit.. Pain of Salvation was my favorite band a few years ago... but it's been 5 years since "Remedy Lane"... "Be", though terrible, was at least a bizarre work of insanity... good for a few morbidly curious laughs... "Scarsick" is just utterly boring, infuriating and irritating...