03- Cribcaged
04- America
05- Disco Queen
06- Kingdom Of Loss
07- Mrs. Modern Mother Mary
08- Idiocracy
09- Flame To The Moth
10- Enter Rain

Comes out January 22, 2007 in Europe, no US date given as of yet.

It's supposed to be an angrier more raw sound. Hopefully Jdub will dig this one, so we can both rock out to it when they play in PPVIII :p

I am very interested in hearing the song America. It seems like it'll be one of the highlights of the album.

Not for some people here on the forum, though. =)

Anything PoS puts out will be great. It's gotten to the point in which I trust the band no matter what. Their albums never cease to amaze me, and I'm sure it'll be the same thing with this one.

Thanks for posting this. Interesting. The artwork doesn't look too far removed from something Porcupine Tree might use, granted this appears much darker at first glance. Curious to hear this one, as Be was a very challenging listen, but something I've come to enjoy over time.

It's supposed to be an angrier more raw sound.
I'll believe that when I hear it.

Hopefully Jdub will dig this one, so we can both rock out to it when they play in PPVIII :p
I plan to sacrifice a fatted calf, while dressed in sackcloth and ash, listening to Jimmy Buffet and praying in the direction of Atlanta, that the return of PoS never comes to pass.

Zod

Edit: I've also decide to write my congressman, and ask that more invasive measures be taken against those Swedish Prog Metal musicians travelling to the U.S.

Thanks for posting this. Interesting. The artwork doesn't look too far removed from something Porcupine Tree might use, granted this appears much darker at first glance. Curious to hear this one, as Be was a very challenging listen, but something I've come to enjoy over time.
I thought of Porcupine Tree too at first glance. Agree on BE being a challenge, I have yet to become accustomed to the aroma.

AngraRULES said:
Anything PoS puts out will be great. It's gotten to the point in which I trust the band no matter what. Their albums never cease to amaze me, and I'm sure it'll be the same thing with this one.
Fanboy. :heh: jk

Though I've yet to truly "get" POS except for scattered songs, I will once again give them a try. There is no denying the talent, just haven't acquired the taste.

I plan to sacrifice a fatted calf, while dressed in sackcloth and ash, listening to Jimmy Buffet and praying in the direction of Atlanta, that the return of PoS never comes to pass.

Zod

Edit: I've also decide to write my congressman, and ask that more invasive measures be taken against those Swedish Prog Metal musicians travelling to the U.S.

LOL you're an ass... LOL
However, it's curious... What EXACTLY were we saying about PoS last night at the show, especially in regards to the little extra they need in order to get your attention? More raw? Edge? Aggression?

Coincidence, eh?

What EXACTLY were we saying about PoS last night at the show, especially in regards to the little extra they need in order to get your attention? More raw? Edge? Aggression?

Coincidence, eh?
As I said, I'll believe it when I hear it. Bands, especially in Metal, love to tell us how:

A) the new album will be edgier/more aggressive
B) that they're going back to their roots, and that we can expect the new disc to be just like best disc in their catalog
C) this is their best work

Zod

Pain Of Salvation: Scarsick (2007)

It's supposed to be an angrier more raw sound. Hopefully Jdub will dig this one, so we can both rock out to it when they play in PPVIII :p

Start rubbing those chicken bones together, it'll take nearly a divine intervention to make THAT happen! :lol: As always, I will give it a listen, but beware, once the venom starts flowing! :heh:
So for the album cover, it looks like Danny cut his hair! heheheheheheh :devil:

J-Dubya

I plan to sacrifice a fatted calf, while dressed in sackcloth and ash, listening to Jimmy Buffet and praying in the direction of Atlanta, that the return of PoS never comes to pass..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I knew there was a reason I liked you!
We need to gang up on Milton & the lemmings next year...

Couldn't those measures be threat-specific? Some Swedes need to get back to Atlanta!

J-Dubya

Curious to hear this one, as Be was a very challenging listen, but something I've come to enjoy over time.

Sort of like a turd has a slightly unpleasant aroma eh?

Or sort of like you don't find the aroma of your turds unpleasant over time, or you may even come to enjoy the aroma over time. :Smokin:

(Key: Turd = disc, Aroma = feelings twords disc) :loco:

As I said, I'll believe it when I hear it. Bands, especially in Metal, love to tell us how:

A) the new album will be edgier/more aggressive
B) that they're going back to their roots, and that we can expect the new disc to be just like best disc in their catalog
C) this is their best work

Zod

i'm gonna have to agree. a lot of it is just business, they can't very well say their old album was better, who'd buy the new one then?

however, as i have yet to be disappointed by this band, my expectations are reasonably high.

I'm willing to bet that Daniel knows everyone's going to expect a song titled "America" to be an America-bashing or criticizing song, so he's going to make that one the instrumental.

Sort of like a turd has a slightly unpleasant aroma eh?

Well, I guess this more than likely kills my hopes of seeing PoS at PP8. Oh well...

I'm willing to bet that Daniel knows everyone's going to expect a song titled "America" to be an America-bashing or criticizing song, so he's going to make that one the instrumental.

Actually, for the song "America" it does have lyrics. In one of the updates while the album was being written he posted a pic of the lyrics sheet.

studio-table-lyricB.jpg

All that scribbling must be some anti-American bashing :loco: ... that or how bad he wants Zod to like this album, since his opinion means the world to Gildenlow.

Seriously though, I wasn't posting to say how much better (if any) PoS is to any othe rband or to make you like them. I'm just posting to keep all the other PoS lurkers in this forum informed. Enough DG bashing :lol: we had plenty of threads last and early this year.