Scarsick (new Pain of Salvation album) artwork released

Maybe we can get a 12:5/acoustic set. Featuring Ashes in minor and major, back-to-back! woohoo! I've never been this excited for something that's not happening before! *gets hyped*

That artwork is gross and quite disturbing but I can't wait to hear the new album. For the record, (and not that anyone cares) I think "BE" rules.

Remedy Lane is one of my favorite albums of all time. In fact, I love it so much - and have heard such mixed things about Be and PoS in general, I'm afraid to listen to any of their other works for fear it will spoil Remedy Lane somehow. Childish, I know, but God... what a brilliant album.

Get with me the next time you come down to the studio; I've always got the other CDs with me (except for Be).
I played "Idioglossia" -- one of PoS' finest moments, period -- on the air this past weekend. :headbang:

I'm a HUGE PoS fan, but I didn't dig Be either. I hope that this CD hits me better than that one did. I also wish that DG would get over himself and worry more about making great music than politics.
Yea that. Prefer music taking precedence over political messages. Not a big fan of PoS, but always liking the melodies over the "Listen to what you must think" factor. Sorry, always been part of my problem with them. Stop preaching!

I wholeheartedly agree Glenn. But, as usual, I've been saying this for years. It's about damn time you agreed with me :)

I recall you disagreeing with me on my Pre-Party suggestion too. :lol: Remember that?

The Michael has cloud and influence.

He has a cloud all right...that smells like most of it ran down his leg in a GBL fart. And he influences me to stick my fingers in my ears whenever I hear PoS.

Put me down with Zod. No offense G man, but PoS is just about the only band I have disagreed with you on. That means you have a really great track record for sure, but even us idiots can not be satisfied all the time.

I can't say that BE is a great POS disc,but I can say it is a great disc if there was another band putting it out.Its challenging,intense and def. moody...it just strayed so far from where POS was previous to the release that it gets slammed.
Did you watch the DVD? That is one of the most classic prog DVD's ever!I for one can find something worthwhile in anything Mr Gildenlow does...Christ,I even bought that shitty Flower Kings disc and DVD cuz Big Dan was there,and I have replayed it once or twice.

I consider myself a big PoS fan. Their albums, however, take me a long while before I really get into them. I hated Be. I've listened to it plenty of times, and with the exception of two tracks, I think it blows.

That being said, Scarsick has definite potential. The first few tunes and the last few tunes are incredible. The middle of the album....well....let's say it hasn't grown on me just yet.

The 'angrier' comment that was made early on in this thread doesn't really come through so far. At least not in the music. Maybe more so in some of the lyrics. Overall, this is better than Be on spin number one, almost by default. Still, it'll take a good long while before I can really make heads or tails out of this as a whole.

The first few tunes and the last few tunes are incredible. The middle of the album....well....let's say it hasn't grown on me just yet.

Come on, you *love* Disco Queen, admit it. ;)

I have the new PoS, and will be digesting it over the next 24 hours.

In order to know your enemy, sometimes you have to walk in their boots.....
:heh:

J-Dubya