Pain of Salvation - Scarsick album cover and tracklist revealed!

Mort Divine

Shrine Maiden of the In-Crowd
Oct 28, 2005
Fargo, ND
InsideOut Music

PainOfSalvation10.jpg

Release Date: January 22nd 2007
Tracklist:

01. Scarsick
02. Spitfall
03. Cribcaged
04. America
05. Disco Queen
06. Kingdom Of Loss
07. Mrs. Modern Mother Mary
08. Idiocracy
09. Flame To The Moth
10. Enter Rain

Also, just because it fucking rules, a new promo picture as well.

pospicweb2006.jpg

I am so fucking excited for this!

If it is any where near as good as BE was it will be the AOTY for 2007.

It is "kerrazy" and Daniel has now learned how to say fuck. Alot.

I've always disliked PoS for some reason. Many Symphony X fans do, don't know why.

I used to be a big prog metal whore, loved Symphony X and Dream Theater for the longest time, but then I listened to PoS and just loved them so much more. They are really a unique band in the Prog metal world, where many bands focus on outright technicality they focus on internal/compositional complexity more so.

I can't stand the DT clone bands anymore, Zero Hour, Andromeda, etc, and I can't stand the typical prog. metal guitar tone that almost all of the bands have.

Gah.

PoS stray from the prog metal cliche's and that is why I appreciate them as much as I do.

...Zero Hour.

Zero Hout as a Dream Theater clone? Uhhh maybe the first disc or two, but the latest cd is definitely not a Dream Theater clone. It's way heavier in a more effective way which Dream Theater could never get right. Plus their new singer, Chris Salinas, absolutely shits on James LaBrie.

PoS are not particulary metal indeed, but both The Perfect Element and Be are brilliant albums. Remedy Lane is great, but not as great as many make it out to be. Also, "Kingdom of Loss"? Are they running out of imagination?

I used to be a big prog metal whore, loved Symphony X and Dream Theater for the longest time, but then I listened to PoS and just loved them so much more. They are really a unique band in the Prog metal world, where many bands focus on outright technicality they focus on internal/compositional complexity more so.

I can't stand the DT clone bands anymore, Zero Hour, Andromeda, etc, and I can't stand the typical prog. metal guitar tone that almost all of the bands have.

Gah.

PoS stray from the prog metal cliche's and that is why I appreciate them as much as I do.

Do you know Heaven's Cry? If not you might give them a try. There are two songs available for free on their label page (click my sig -> "Websites").:cool: