Pain of Salvation - Scarsick album cover and tracklist revealed!

Be is not very heavy - One Hour by the Concrete Lake is.:headbang:

Entropia through The Perfect Element are undeniably metal, Remedy Lane is kind of half/half, BE is like 75/25, and who knows what Scarsick'll be like, their descriptions make it sound like it will be more metal.

Ah, I see then. I really wouldn't call the band pretentious, as much as I would Daniel. Also worthless and atrocious, hardly they are a unique band in a subgenre of metal that spews out little other than Dream Theater clones, you can dislike the music and even the musicians but realize they are not worthless and atrocious.

In a little more depth, they are NO better than any other awful, pretentious, and overblown prog-metal band around. They have average talent, very poor songwriting skills, mediocre lyrics, decent arrangements, and completely unorginal melodies. Their songs drag on for far too long, and usually to no decent end. They are boring to tears.

And, yes, I have heard The Perfect Element and Remedy Lane in their entireties.

In a little more depth, they are NO better than any other awful, pretentious, and overblown prog-metal band around. They have average talent, very poor songwriting skills, mediocre lyrics, decent arrangements, and completely unorginal melodies. Their songs drag on for far too long, and usually to no decent end. They are boring to tears.

And, yes, I have heard The Perfect Element and Remedy Lane in their entireties.

They have fantastic talent, song writing skills are very high (you don't hear Dream Theater writing songs that actually have as much emotion in them as A Trace of Blood), lyrics I don't have much to disagree with there, I love the arrangements, and the melodies work perfectly, for the fact that they serve a purpose in the songs other than to just be there waiting for the band to solo like hell over them. They have very short songs in comparison to most other Prog. bands with an average song length of five minutes and thirty seconds.

They have fantastic talent, song writing skills are very high (you don't hear Dream Theater writing songs that actually have as much emotion in them as A Trace of Blood), lyrics I don't have much to disagree with there, I love the arrangements, and the melodies work perfectly, for the fact that they serve a purpose in the songs other than to just be there waiting for the band to solo like hell over them. They have very short songs in comparison to most other Prog. bands with an average song length of five minutes and thirty seconds.

I don't like Dream Theater, so stop comparing them. It doesn't matter if they're songs are short relative to prog standards. A song can be 4 minutes and be too long if it isn't doesn't hold the listener's attention. Likewise a 10 minute song can be too short if it leaves you hanging.

I wasn't saying you like Dream Theater, I'm just saying that it is stupid to say that PoS possesses poor song writing skills.