Upcoming Pain of Salvation album to be titled Scarsick.

Dodens Grav said:
That's what they're doing now. I'm sure, with the increased influence of others, the overall product would be worse.
From what I have heard and read I believe Daniel is the main "Influence" within PoS but I might be wrong, but if that is the case then I strongly believe they should start to produce music as a "band".

Daniel is the main "influence" in the band, we writes all the lyrics, everything conceptually comes from him, he writes all the guys music (though they can give input if they wish), and yeah.

Just because he is the main guy doesn't mean that guys are replaceable though.

I no the guys from PoS arn't replaceable I am a big fan of them. But I think Daniel should let the others write there own pieces he shouldnt write there music for them no matter how talented he is.

Yeah, that is how it is with alot of bands actually. I think it makes sure that the music flows together.

The others ARE replaceable. I know this because I've been listening to the band for TWO entire days.

If they are a band that belived they can create good music with only one person writing the music I think there stupid IMO. Peoples intake and perspectives make better music its been proven many times and I think PoS should try it.

Burzum would have been better with outside influences? Countess? Tearstained? Etc., etc.? I don't think so.

Dodens Grav said:
Burzum would have been better with outside influences? Countess? Tearstained? Etc., etc.? I don't think so.
How do you know? they never brought in outside influences. The music could have sounded amazing.

The music does sound amazing. And so you have any examples of the opposite? No? That's right you don't.

Haha, they are not replaceable. I don't dare think about what the hi-hat rolls on People Passing By if Johan Langell were not the one doing them T_T.

It's bad enough Kristoffer isn't the bassist anymore.

Dodens Grav said:
The music does sound amazing. And so you have any examples of the opposite? No? That's right you don't.
Touche.

But have any of those bands brought in outside influences. There Music is amazing already but you dont know if it would have been better if there had been more influences.

And how do you know that Pain Of Salvation would not be better if they completely removed outside influences? There's no way to tell, so stop with the douchebaggery.

Ex-cally-boo said:
Yup, I totally agree there, still damned good as an opener, but nothing in the leagues of In The Flesh, Idioglossia, King of Loss, Reconciliation, and The Perfect Element.

Those are seriously(except for In the Flesh) the songs I like the least on the album.

I've listened to ithe CD twice since I posted this and I've come to enjoy In the Flesh almost as much as Used.
I truly enjoy Daniels voice on Used.

Dodens Grav said:
And how do you know that Pain Of Salvation would not be better if they completely removed outside influences? There's no way to tell, so stop with the douchebaggery.
Well then neither of us win this petty argument I was trying to prove a point which clearly isnt there I have just read back over my posts so sorry.