Upcoming Pain of Salvation album to be titled Scarsick.

Yup, I totally agree there, still damned good as an opener, but nothing in the leagues of In The Flesh, Idioglossia, King of Loss, Reconciliation, and The Perfect Element.

I've just got POS newsletter telling that Kristoffer was 'asked to leave'... :( I hope this album will be released this year in spite of it...

Procella said:
I've just got POS newsletter telling that Kristoffer was 'asked to leave'... :( I hope this album will be released this year in spite of it...

The guy kicked out his own brother? There had to be some serious sibling rivalry, on the level of Oedipus' two sons, haha.

If I read it right it was because the brother lives far away from everyone else and won't move closer so they can't function on a whim as needed, something close to that anyways.

Jean-Pierre said:
The guy kicked out his own brother? There had to be some serious sibling rivalry, on the level of Oedipus' two sons, haha.
Yeah, Kristoffer moved to Holland and thusly couldn't practice and what not with the guys as often, and it hurt the guys musically I guess.

The requiriment list for the new bassist was pretty hilarious. He had to be dedicated, be an amazing bassplayer and singer, live in Sweden or be rich enough to fly there every few days, not drink before gigs, share the same political views as Daniel and LOOK COOL.

Oh god, I'll post the list. It is a bit ... overasking but I don't want any less like the band themselves I guess haha.

The premises:
1. You are a very, very good bass player that masters slapping/tapping/finger/pick on both fretted and fretless 6-string basses.
2. You are a fast learner with a very good ear.
3. You have a good voice with a decent range and are used to singing harmonies.
4. You are driven and responsible and can learn the earlier albums basically on your own.
5. You live in Sweden, or maybe you are so rich that you can take a private jet there two or three times a week. In any case, there will basically be rehearsals that often, and you need to be able to be there somehow.
6. You are a nice girl or a boy of say 20-35 that loves music in many forms.
7. You don't do drugs, and you are very restrictive with alcohol (never a drop before a show).

The bonuses:
8. You feel at home on stage and can spend tons of energy without having your playing suffer.
9. You have a driver's license.
10. You take an interest in world issues and politics. You probably think that Gandhi's march for salt or his burning of passports were braver political actions than Bush's war on terror.
11. You look cool.

I think it'd be pretty interesting if they got a female bassist for the band actually, certainly be different.

i know daniel's a real musical talent but sometimes i wonder if hes just another controlling egomaniac. POS always seems to focus around what his vision of them of their music should be. on the other side of things,however, i really shouldn't judge as i have never met him and he might just have a really supportive band who use his ideas as a way to develop some of their own.

I think it's pretty obvious that he dominates the band because he chooses to.

Yeah, they do give their own ideas, Daniel runs the band something like a "democracy" but in the end he is he one who counts, sound writing wise.

I dont like artists to be dominant in bands. I think it gives a "narrow minded" view on the music and prevents them from being the best they could be if everybody contributed speaking from experiance.

One man's vision is better in its pure form than distorted by the inferior influences of others.

That's what they're doing now. I'm sure, with the increased influence of others, the overall product would be worse.

The only person in the band aside from Daniel that I KNOW could write a damned good song is Frederik, I'm sure the others are not bad either, but I just don't know.

The only person in the band aside from Daniel that I KNOW could write a damned good song is Frederik, I'm sure the others are not bad either, but I just don't know.