Pain of Salvation - Scarsick

There's a review on Scarsick at Chronicles of Chaos - Extreme Music Webzine - Metal Reviews and Interviews if anyone cares. They give it a 10/10.

Just reading the opening paragraph, even without having a clue what the album sounds like, tells you that this reviewer is not to be listened to under any circumstances.

"Have you ever considered which are the main attributes that an album should possess in order to deserve the title of a masterpiece? We all perceive music in various ways, so it is quite understandable why different people tend to focus on different musical elements of any given composition. You have to agree with me, though, that originality in style, sheer musicianship, constant evolution, and invocation of strong emotions are important aspects of any great release -- and all of these aspects can be found in large quantities in Pain of Salvation's latest studio effort _Scarsick_."

:lol::lol:

Usually the reviewers on this site are pretty good, this hurts.

Weird album, i got a bit nervous the 2 first times i listened it through, but after like 5 times it totally turned around. This is absolutely PoS quality, like it or not. PoS fans will certainly like this after a few spins. This has the potential of becoming my favourite album by them. The only track i instantly fell in love with was kingdom of loss, but in retrospect it's not even among my favourites, that are: cribcaged, MMMM and enter rain

Weird album, i got a bit nervous the 2 first times i listened it through, but after like 5 times it totally turned around. This is absolutely PoS quality, like it or not. PoS fans will certainly like this after a few spins. This has the potential of becoming my favourite album by them. The only track i instantly fell in love with was kingdom of loss, but in retrospect it's not even among my favourites, that are: cribcaged, MMMM and enter rain

Stop speaking for PoS fans that have ears

what? why is it wrong for me to have an opinnion? stop speaking for people in general who have ears, i could practically quote everything you say to prove that. You know nothing of music, stop acting like you do.

what? why is it wrong for me to have an opinnion? stop speaking for people in general who have ears, i could practically quote everything you say to prove that. You know nothing of music, stop acting like you do.

I have said repeatedly that I hate it and given elaborate reasons why. You have said that "all PoS fans who listen to this will like it." You have spoken for PoS fans, I have not. Also, everything you said in this post is hilarious. Anyone that doesn't like scarsick knows nothing of music? I really don't see where else you'd come up with the conclusion that you are more knowledgeable about music than me.

telling people that they are deaf if they happen to like something you don't isn't talking into their mouths?
edit: because you dislike it, is the elaborate reason here? don't make me put you to your place again.

telling people that they are deaf if they happen to like something you don't isn't talking into their mouths?
edit: because you dislike it, is the elaborate reason here? don't make me put you to your place again.

1) My comment was tongue in cheek, yours was not.

2) No, but remember when I posted my live reaction to the album and it was about 100 sentences long?

3) Saying you put me in my place doesn't change reality.

EDIT: here you go cause you probably wouldn't find it on your own http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...23-pain-salvation-scarsick-3.html#post5655258

There's another more standard post a couple down from that one.

And in addition, I'd like to add this is the lamest, whiniest "political" album ever written. I am about as liberal as they come, but this is not anti-american in any remotely intelligent way. Instead of forming legitimate complaints that actually apply specifically to america, the moron just rants and raves about the most petty shit imaginable. "OMG, in america, they use ELEVATORS instead of STAIRS! OMG! THEY HAVE BAYWATCH ON TV! THERE ARE HOMIES! THAT'S STUPID SO I'LL WRITE A SONG WHERE I GO "FUCK [THING THAT BUGS ME]" FOR A LONG TIME!" If he'd written lyrics about say, reagan funding terrorism or stuck to actually relevant things in actually intelligent ways (idiocracy has the right idea, but is pulled off with all the finesse of a 14 year old michael moore fanboy), maybe he wouldn't be a whiny little man who's grasping at straws and writing shit that could apply to any non-third-world country in the world, and maybe this album would be slightly less stupid. His lyrics were utterly brilliant on Remedy Lane and much of TPE and even some of Be and OHBTCL, I dunno wtf happened. I think he's lost it.

Reactions: prowlergrig
nah wankerness has a point.
you are just blind fanboys and will probably like anything that PoS does anyway even if it's whiny anti-america rap'n'roll :kickass:

I actually like the music alot, and many others here...But i really don't have an opinnion of the lyrics, i don't care that much, so i can´t argue there. Why am i a blind fanboy, because i like something you don't?
edit: Led...you should build your own opinnion... and not follow written statements by someone else.