Pain of Salvation - Scarsick

hahaha

Yes this album is bad. Disco Queen sounds like a scissor sisters song. It seems to revolve too much around catchy choruses (since the rest sucks).

god, calm down... i feel like a teacher trying to find ways to communicate with an agressive student. why can there not be discussions maturely?

as said there are some intentionally cheesy (in a good way) parts... but even though most of it is influenced by other music, it sound pretty original to me... music has been recycled for a very long time, it´s just stupid to try make "original" music for the sake of it. You can tell when music comes from heart and soul. Besides their first albums are in my ears so much more unoriginal, but great none the less. I have not studied the "Be" concept tbh, but it sounds good with the music, and that´s what matters. Funny how you seem to accept the unoriginallity of opeth, is it a nostalgy thing in that case? because if your'e so obsessed with lyrics and think that is what makes a good album i'm surprised how opeth lyrics pass your filther.

I never once in this entire thread said that originality or good lyrics were needed for good music. Regardless, your point that Opeth is not original is stupid - find me one other album that sounds like Opeth's heavy albums that isn't a ripoff. Anyway - I first said that Be was stupid. Then you said I didn't like it because it was original. Then I said that it was not original, so therefore that couldn't be the reason for my dsilike. Now you are saying it is not original, and that originality is stupid. SO to summarize, your argument so far is:

1. Be is awesome because it is original
2. Be is awesome and is not original and being original is silly

correct?

And I don't care about lyrics 99% of the time (I can't cause I'm a metal fan and almost all metal lyrics are terrible), but the fact of the matter is that the previous PoS albums had excellent lyrics, while this one had very in-your-face and un-ignorable skits about getting road head, which goes well beyond the realm of "lyrics that aren't good."

illidurit: uh, what? i said that it´s stupid to make music for the sake of trying to be original...not that it´s stupid to be orginal.

"What? I said the old ones DON'T sound like other bands. Unless you're using a plural to refer to "be," in which case I already said, it sounds like retro prog lameness, broadway musicals, and bad imitations of spirituals."

yes i know, but then i said that I think that the old ones are MORE unoriginal if you are gonna be like that, and that does not make sense.

and if youre gonna take bits and pieces of it that sounds like other bands, and not seeing it as a whole then hell, opeth sound like other bands...

"1. Be is awesome because it is original
2. Be is awesome and is not original and being original is silly"
no. ok one more time but in apples and strawberries...

Be is awesome, plus it´s original... in most ways atleast.
Making music as a competition with rules and limits like having to be original is silly....
making music with heart and soul requires an open mind and no limits

Are you intentionally misleading this or am i not being clear enough?

What? I said the old ones DON'T sound like other bands. Unless you're using a plural to refer to "be," in which case I already said, it sounds like retro prog lameness, broadway musicals, and bad imitations of spirituals.
I don't like it, but it certainly doesn't sound like other lame prog metal. Nor does Be (which I do like). I think you dislike this album too much for your own good

I don't like it, but it certainly doesn't sound like other lame prog metal. Nor does Be (which I do like). I think you dislike this album too much for your own good

I didn't say the new one sounded like other lame prog metal, I don't think...it doesn't. It's just really boring and I hate the guitar sound and a bunch of the songs are crap. Be does sound like lots of other things, but not other prog METAL bands, it sounds like other prog rock bands now and then and also broadway musicals and spirituals like I said ugh

And whatever, the new one is the worst album I've heard this year, and since PoS used to be my favorite band it's all the more disappointing, so I'm just getting this out of my system before I move on ^_^

Check out this progarchives review.
I thin this is one of POS most progressive albums, because of touching new grounds & reaching the limits of rock music in every way possible (Disco Queen - LOL :) Message in lyrics is great to, if you listen well & understand! Bottom line is that this CD is absolute masterpiece of oldskool rock, mixed with modern jazz metal, and filled with intelligent lyrics which you can explain in almost unlimited ways! Oh, yeah, The Ending on last epic "Enter Rain" almost shows us their next opus - Perfect Element Pt.2 with promissed huge orchestra by Mr. Daniel Gildenlöw! 5/5

well, that person is clearly a fanboy douchebag.

personally, the album is growing on me still. i started off with a 4/10 review. or something lower. it's grown to an 8 or so now.

personally, the album is growing on me still. i started off with a 4/10 review. or something lower. it's grown to an 8 or so now.

Hmm, maybe I'll give it another chance someday...I think I'll wait until I can read the lyrics along with it. All my memories of it are more than painful, though.

I just can't get past the first song. That riff is so generic and lame. Daniel is becoming extremely pretentious.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go watch a video of Supper's Ready with Peter Gabriel dancing around in a flower costume.

I just can't get past the first song. That riff is so generic and lame. Daniel is becoming extremely pretentious.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go watch a video of Supper's Ready with Peter Gabriel dancing around in a flower costume.

If you skip the first 3 songs it's not that bad, just lame. The first three are some of the worst songs ever, though, with the first being the worst of the three.