Pain of Salvation - Scarsick

Y' know Halo it is really hard to say something constructive to anything related to your posts, but whatevz yur completely entitled to your OPINNIONS, keep rockin' to SCARSICK man...PEAC EOUT

i was at work...so there was not a lot of time to write, but anyway...don't you see? i thought i made my self clear on the point that i'm not lyrically intrested, at the beginning of this conversation and numerous times after. You very hardly comment them musicwise, and it's okay by me...but we are arguing of two completely different things!

edit:
sorry i missed your stupid little list there.
you did nothing but rabbled up every single riff on the entire album and grounded nothing, sure you can think that it's shit, but it's pointless to post it here when it cannot be argued.
and for the sound thing, it is subjective.

Okay about the lyrics then, i read them and i like them.
I don't think he chose subjects that you think he should have because it would not be very personal if it was about something else than what you want to write about? If you could just quote the lyrics as whole and tell me what you dislike about them. Not like "omg there are homies" and juvenile shit like that, the way you quote them makes it sound stupid, and you use it as advantage. About the elevators, homies and shit i think there was a pretty fair point behind...i hate music critics that think they know any better than someone else, let people think for them selves. And when i said the thing about that people will probably like it, i was simply giving my compliments to the music. Why try to build a fucking anti-crew against a talanted hard working band, on the internet where you dare to say alot more than you otherwise would have... You're just pissed because you can't contribute with anything worthy into the musicworld your self.

Okay about the lyrics then, i read them and i like them.
I don't think he chose subjects that you think he should have because it would not be very personal if it was about something else than what you want to write about? If you could just quote the lyrics as whole and tell me what you dislike about them. Not like "omg there are homies" and juvenile shit like that, the way you quote them makes it sound stupid, and you use it as advantage. About the elevators, homies and shit i think there was a pretty fair point behind...i hate music critics that think they know any better than someone else, let people think for them selves. And when i said the thing about that people will probably like it, i was simply giving my compliments to the music. Why try to build a fucking anti-crew against a talanted hard working band, on the internet where you dare to say alot more than you otherwise would have... You're just pissed because you can't contribute with anything worthy into the musicworld your self.

You could have boiled this down to "I hate any critic that presents an opinion on an album even though that's the point of criticism, and the only reason you don't like scarsick is because you don't have a recording contract" and saved us all the trouble of trying to decipher your mangled grammar. And what the hell, now I have to quote the ENTIRE SONG before I'm allowed to complain about the lyrics? I'm sorry, but regardless of the rest of the stuff he said, the stuff about elevators and baywatch and homies is inane, whiny, and could apply to any non-third-world country in the world. And no song with a big "dramatic" breakdown of him saying "fuck this, fuck that, fuck mr. crimps and his long tall hat" ever belongs in anything other than like, a Limp Bizkit ballad. The lyrics are immature, the points of view presented are frequently hypocritical, and he comes off as being one step beyond a 14 year old michael moore fanboy, and one step away from being one of those rabid anti-civilizationists who thinks we should all live in shacks with no electricity. Now I expect you will respond to this saying I hate it because I love Bush, or something.

Here, if you post the lyrics to the entire song cribcaged, I will write an in-depth response to all of them instead of just focusing on the few lines I could be arsed to remember.

i was at work...so there was not a lot of time to write, but anyway...don't you see? i thought i made my self clear on the point that i'm not lyrically intrested, at the beginning of this conversation and numerous times after. You very hardly comment them musicwise, and it's okay by me...but we are arguing of two completely different things!

edit:
sorry i missed your stupid little list there.
you did nothing but rabbled up every single riff on the entire album and grounded nothing, sure you can think that it's shit, but it's pointless to post it here when it cannot be argued.
and for the sound thing, it is subjective.

So how do I "ground my opinions?" Do I do it by writing something you agree with? My initial problem with scarsick was NOT the lyrics, it was the completely uninspired riffing. THe first song has the clunkiest, lamest riffs ever written and I think it sticks entirely to the lowest 7 or so powerchords on the guitar and never has any rhythms not able to be quantized in eighth notes. Is that grounding my opinion enough? Probably not.

And suddenly it's pointless to post opinions on a message board? Thank you for enlightening us, we had better delete every topic on this board that isn't news posts and Now Playing threads.

This forum has always been a fucking joke, and every time I come back it seems to have gotten worse.

My favourite PoS album is BE. Followed by TPE. Scarsick (though I hated it at first) comes behind them for me. I don't like OHBTC.

I don't understand why people on an Opeth message board are bashing DG's lyrics. Have you ever listened to Mikael's lyrics?...

I'll agree that some of the lyrics on Scarsick are pretty lame. But a lot of them are just being taken in the wrong way- they're satirical; ironic and often taking the piss at modern society. And it's not like TPE lyrics were always perfect.

The production on this album is good, and I don't understand how someone said it was 'raw'. It's a lot better produced than PoS's first 4 albums. The guitar sound does suck, but then it always has. The album is a lot more full than some of their previous efforts.

For the people who like Scarsick, my favourite tracks are MMMM, Enter Rain, Kingdom of Loss, Flame to the Moth, and Disco Queen....

I'm pretty excited about Scarsick despite the slight disapointment that was BE. I've got to at least see what musical direction this new one takes: they said it would be more guitar-oriented, which could be somewhat of a return to their Entropia style... One can only hope. :)

This forum has always been a fucking joke, and every time I come back it seems to have gotten worse.

My favourite PoS album is BE. Followed by TPE. Scarsick (though I hated it at first) comes behind them for me. I don't like OHBTC.

I don't understand why people on an Opeth message board are bashing DG's lyrics. Have you ever listened to Mikael's lyrics?...

I'll agree that some of the lyrics on Scarsick are pretty lame. But a lot of them are just being taken in the wrong way- they're satirical; ironic and often taking the piss at modern society. And it's not like TPE lyrics were always perfect.

The production on this album is good, and I don't understand how someone said it was 'raw'. It's a lot better produced than PoS's first 4 albums. The guitar sound does suck, but then it always has. The album is a lot more full than some of their previous efforts.

For the people who like Scarsick, my favourite tracks are MMMM, Enter Rain, Kingdom of Loss, Flame to the Moth, and Disco Queen....

Mikael's lyrics aren't bad, and aren't great. They at least avoid being so obnoxious that they ruin the music at times, like with that big "fuck" breakdown on scarsick, which was most definitely not meant to be satirical or ironic. And as I've said several times in this thread, the lyrics on the OTHER albums aren't bad (well, some of them on Entropia are kinda bad), and the ones on Remedy Lane I think honestly might be the best rock lyrics I've read. This massive degeneration to the junk on scarsick is sad, to say the least. I'll have to read all the lyrics when the album actually comes out, but I can say for sure most of the ones I heard were truly awful. I am not complaining about those on disco queen or the other intentionally weird songs, I'm talking about the whiny freddurst/michaelmooremo complaining on tracks like cribcaged.

I've heard two songs: Spitfall and Cribcaged. I've got to say I was quite put off by the "rap singing" Gildenlow did in this track... On previous records I didn't find such a disgust with it, but it just seems totally out of place. Cribcaged was better in that it had a stronger progressive vibe... It definitely had something there you could latch onto. I don't like that they've incorporated so many uses of "f**k" on the new album but hey, what can you do. We can all look forward to a nice little "explicit lyrics" sticker on this one, to say the least.

edit: Also I've got to agree Mike's lyrics are better.

wankerness: okay... lyrics on remedy lane really that good? gotta check them out...
respectable post, other than the bashing on my grammar :)
english is not the language i live by.

god, I think I'm quite tolerant about cheese in prog metal...but this is too much! well, I only listened to Cribcaged and America but that's some of the worst crap I've heard lately. hard to enjoy because of the lyrics alone, imo