Upcoming Pain of Salvation album to be titled Scarsick.

Mort Divine

Shrine Maiden of the In-Crowd
Oct 28, 2005
Fargo, ND
http://painofsalvation.com/news/

1/3/06

The name of the coming album will be Scarsick, and the band is focusing on the songs right now, to be recorded during the coming months. Daniel describes the albums as much more band oriented and down to the core. Threatening and disturbing. The picture above is the only part of the cover art that has been revealed so far. Now all we can do is wait...

scarsickdetail.jpg

I am fucking excited!!!!

What? BE is one of the strongest albums ever released ... it is second only to The Perfect Element in the PoS discography. It dared to be different, and well I loved it. It worked.

The orchestration was perfect. The more "contemporary" tracks were outstanding, especially Nihil Morari and Iter Impius, and it had a very strong story backing it up.

Great stuff, only thing that irked me was the straightforwardness of the story.

Anyways, it should be great, it has an awesome title, which leads me to believe, despite what the band has said, that it may be the follow up to TPE1. As TPE1 dealt alot with scars and being sick and running away.

Anyyyyywaays =P. I'm going to dress up as a school girl and whore myself out to creepy old men if it means I'll have the money for this on the day it is release.

i'm pumped. i respected "be" but don't completely relate to the album. i did love remedy lane though and would really like to hear PoS explore a darker concept on this album. i do expect it be a top quality effort regardless of how the album comes across regardless.

BE was certainly ambitious but I also found it difficult to get into. Once I watched the DVD it "clicked" a lot better.

I think my favorite is still One Hour - can't wait for this though.

PoS is one of the greatest bands on the planet right now, I cannot wait for this to be released!! BE was a complete and total MASTERWORK! One of the most unique and innovative bands around right now, this will no doubt completely kick ass.

Awesome - judging by the tiny preview it seems more like Remedy Lane&The Perfect Element than BE, which makes me very happy. Sure, the few good songs on BE were good, but it had too much stuff that like, required only a certain mood.

I've known about Pain of Salvation for years and years but I've never listened to them because they just seem like a band I would hate. What is one of their best songs so I can download it and see if I'm right?

Perdition's Light said:
I've known about Pain of Salvation for years and years but I've never listened to them because they just seem like a band I would hate. What is one of their best songs so I can download it and see if I'm right?

I just did the same thing, actually. Just go to their website and listen to the songs. They have a fairly decent library of mp3s available.

Check out Idioglossia, because it shows their "heavy" and "soft" side in one song, or do what Dodens suggested.

They sound like Dream Theater and Mr. Bungle put together, if you took out Mr. Bungle's goof and Dream Theater's wank. Seriously, the way they sequence their parts; the transistion methods are remarkably similar to Mr. Bungle.

Yes. This is me excited. Hopefully this sounds nothing like BE. Or Perfect Element.

Thats right. I'm a Pain of Salvation fan who doesn't like Perfect Element. At least not nearly as much as Remedy lane. I just don't "get" TPE. Except for Used. Which is an incredible piece of music.

But overall, yay.

And great Laf, you're a mediocre person.