Are there any albums you consider "perfect?"

plaguewilder said:
SFU?? Perfect?? As in perfectly redundant and worthless?

BTW Shades of God is the jewel in the crown for sure!!

look closer..it says "near perfect" you nitwit
besides that,trying to change MY mind is futile

ATG and Six Feet Under have nothing near perfect. I think both bands suck and are the most overrated bands on earth. So boring and monotonous indeed.

Heard all 3 fullengths and E.P & was astonished how horrible the band was. A lot of people kiss their ass so my opinion is probably not important anyways.

die.gif
@ the greys

Bathory is too raw and dull for me.

ATG,SFU and Hyprocrisy are crap.

These three bands should go on tour. END

show no mercy
reign in blood
south of heavan
divine intervention
god hates us all
peace sells...but whos buying
so far so good so what
powerslave
rust in peace
vulgar display of power
piece of mind
psalm 69
the number of the beast
chaos ad
...and justice for all
far beyond driven
ride the lightning
melissa
dont break the oath
demanufature
black sabbath
paranoid
master of reality
de mysteriis dom sathanas
filosofem
black metal
tales of terror
:headbang:

I've heard the following acouple times at a friends.... Under The Sign Of The Black Mark, The Return, Bathory, Blood Fire Death.

This band is just not for me. Maybe if I was a die-hard metal head.

I'm probably reiterating points that have been made a number of times before, but I urge you to go back, listen to Hammerheart at LEAST 10 times, and then re-evaluate your opinion.

I insist upon it, because from personal experience, Bathory isn't a band that you can "get" listening to at a friends' place... it takes private listening, preferably on headphones (which will at least help you appreciate the level of detail Quorthon puts into his music). There's a certain magic about Bathory, and I think that if you let yourself find it, you'd stop robbing yourself of one of the greatest bands ever.

But feel free to not.

You know, I started making a list, but going through black metal alone I found way too many albums I consider perfect to be arsed with typing up. Suffice it to say, there are a lot of albums I hold in high regard, although it's rare that any one artist has more than one album I consider perfect. To be honest though, hardly any of them were really obscure. I think when it comes to the underground metal world, great albums have a much better chance of getting discovered and becoming recognized as classics than albums in most other realms of music. I guess the negative side is some people are a little to quick to hail any new release that's "different" as a classic, however.

The Greys said:
Heard all 3 fullengths

and the other one?

btw WFIKTBD is totally inconsistent, hardly perfect. TRITSIO is closer even though the best songs on WF... > TR...

full-lengths:

the red in the sky is ours
with fear I kiss the burning darkness
terminal spirit disease
slaughter of the soul

you're a pillock.