Recorded in a professional studio for the first time! (pics + video!)

tempe

Captain Midnight
Sep 22, 2005
Perth, Australia
My band recorded two tracks for a 7'' we're are releasing in March next year at Soundbaker Recording Studio in Perth. It was absolutely amazing, it was my first experience with real high end gear, got to hear a API 2500 in action for the first time, it was amazing. Everything came out fantastically well and we had great fun making weird noises with every effects pedal we could get our hands on. Including an Eventide delay which was just great.

Anyway pictures! (sorry for the cell phone quality)
IMG_0732.jpg

Gear

IMG_0733.jpg

More gear!

IMG_0734.jpg

And again

IMG_0737.jpg

Drums!

Video!

I'm currently uploading drum tracks for anyone who would like some practice, they came out great! Its probably going to take a while though, my net sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's 5 min I won't get back of my life :S

Nice equipment, but where's the music at?? when I watch these videos, usually there is some playing involved, ohh yeah around 4.54 there's like one note played, woooow that's niiiice, or..

I hope studio diary take 2 involves a sneak preview of you music guys.

Yeah our vocalist made the video and there was no real video of anything being tracked we nailed everything in the first day as our drummer is a fucking machine lol. Our vocalist didnt rock up and we didnt have a camera so we just figured oh well I'm sure someone will find something remotely interesting in the video...

@Barry thanks man, I'm the bassist. I spent a lot of time trying to get something that was noisy enough for what we're doing but had some punch and clarity :) It sounds great, I'm mixing it at the moment!

My internet has been capped :( I'll make a thread in Production Tips when they finally upload. Its about 800MB and its uploading at like 4kbps, lets hear it for australian ISPs!

Haha am I the only one to spot (well, hear) the Audioslave riff?
Cool video man.
Pictures are cool too, really sexy stuff in the rack.

Haha am I the only one to spot (well, hear) the Audioslave riff?
Cool video man.
Pictures are cool too, really sexy stuff in the rack.

Hahah was waiting for someone to pick up on that! Drums are coming VERY slowly. Im contemplating uploading during class tomorrow at uni :heh: