recorded my band...

Ronnie_Rocker

Mar 21, 2006
sweden
www.ronniebjornstrom.com
ok guys! here is a very ruffmixed version of a song from our upcoming demo.
the band is called Septic Ashes

this version doesn´t have vocals or solos yet.
samples are used on the kickdrum.

im very happy with the result of the mixes. sounds fat and evil :p

gear used:

Ibanez american master custom guitar w/EMG picups
Mesa Boogie Mark IV amp
Marshall 1936 cab

Pearl EXP drums. 2x22" kick, 10" 12" 13" 14" 16" toms 14" snare

plz comment!

some recording info:

mics on drums:

2x MD421 on kicks
Shure Beta 56 Snare Batter
Shure SM57 Snare bottom
Sennheiser E904 on toms/floor
Shure SM81 Hats
Røde NT-1A OH´s
Joemeek U47 copy on China
Behringer condens on Ride

*new versions!* 3 songs.
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=check_download&ufid=BAFE7CA57FC1AE7E&key=cf15730b3e228ade84763678bb2b237195a349d9

seen from the control room
Thekit.jpg

Morgan Lie behind the drums
MorganLie.jpg

high hats are bugging me on this and maybe even cymbals a bit.....

I think high hats should be lowered a little bit :Smug:

anyone agree???

rest of the drums sound good to me though and guitars sound good

Sounds awesome to me. Can´t wait to hear it finished.

I´ll go for a less polished sound, it already sounds great natural.

IMO

I wish I could get those guitar sounds... damn I need money...
Marshall cabs are so expensive in here.

theblackmoon said:
Sounds awesome to me. Can´t wait to hear it finished.

I´ll go for a less polished sound, it already sounds great natural.

IMO

I wish I could get those guitar sounds... damn I need money...
Marshall cabs are so expensive in here.

Mark IV is the shit! in combination with EMG pickups. i did the mix three in the morning. bass today! and some fix on the mix.

For a drumkit with no samples it sounds pretty killer man. Something about the snare sounds a little bit of to me. I really dig the guitars sound man. i'm gonna have to get me a mark IV.... someday;)

Ronnie_Rocker said:
its a Mark IV head thru a Marshall 2x12 1936 cab. sorry dude, i didnt make any samples at all.

If you ever record that kit again and find the time to do a few samples of each tom, I'd be ecstatic. You captured the stick/skin impact and the body/fullness of the toms so beautifully!! I've been listening to that song on repeat for hours just because of the cool halftime riffs and the toms :D

smy1 said:
If you ever record that kit again and find the time to do a few samples of each tom, I'd be ecstatic. You captured the stick/skin impact and the body/fullness of the toms so beautifully!! I've been listening to that song on repeat for hours just because of the cool halftime riffs and the toms :D

thanks man! it´s kinda funny thou... the skins are Pearl Original, and they usually sound lika fart. i tuned the tomskins with a Tention watch. love that thing :)

Friggin' great work (again) Ronnie. Tone and playing is tight. Cymbals/hats seem to "float" over the mix a bit and a bit harsh (i.e. too much high end), but otherwise I really dig it.

Awesome stuff. Like others have said, the snare is a little distant, but definetly not the worst I've ever heard. Digging the 2nd track even more now that you've done a proper recording. Keep up the good work!

no disrespect ronnie, because i dig alot of the stuff you post, but these tracks sound like a lot of riffs that have already been done before. Still, i really like the tracks, and they sound great though.