Recording finished! Mixing begins...

evilematt

Captain Information
Jan 2, 2006
huddersfield UK
www.evile.co.uk
Cue the hans zimmer score....

We have finished recording, i did the last vocal track lastnight so today we have a final listen through to everything and check we still like it all, i already know theres one chorus i could sing better so we'll probably take 15 minutes and re-do that later on...

But mixing begins today sometime, and already it's sounding monstrous. Sounds GOOD. So now i can go and buy loads of strongbow.

Out of curiosity, i've spoken a lot about how it's a progression, and not another ETG, what are you lot expecting to hear when you get this album in september?

cheers!

Exactly that, a progression. In my imagination I see it as being more a purer heavy metal album than thrash, but your song structures have always been that way inclined anyway. I expect the songs to be more complex, but not overly so.

I'm looking forward to hearing it anyway. And remember no previews till the release date!!! :lol: That one fan with no ankles was lucky.

Strongbow?! Bad! BAD MATT! STRONGBOW IS NOT FOR YORKSHIREMEN!

Anyway, judging from what you've told me on the blog, I'll be expecting;

- More progressive songwriting (more riffs, less conventional song structures etc)
- A bit more emphisis on vocals
- Judging from the redux demos and the two new 'uns, a more death metal influenced sound - maybe even boarderline death-thrash instrumentally.
- Some neo-classical guitar work from Ol
- Slightly lengthier songs
- Less generic lyrical themes
- More technicality
- Bloody amazing riffs
- This may be wishful thinking, but some bass intros or bass shred

So hows that sound Matt, am I close? :)

I'm expecting this album to more pick up where thrash left off in the '90s, not something that sounds like it came out of 1986.

I dont really expect anything, I guess its gonna be Evile and the song structure is gonna be Sepultura like :D Thats how I picture it.

I expect it to be good... :D

If it's a departure from ETG then I don't know what to expect if I'm honest. But the two songs we got on the tour were brill.

Strongbow?! Bad! BAD MATT! STRONGBOW IS NOT FOR YORKSHIREMEN!

WRONG! Strongbow is for all!

I'd like to hear the sound of Mike as his balls are slowly being crushed in a vice, which is being operated by Ben, who is laughing manically. At the end Russ would come in and have a go at Ben for getting blood and piss all over his studio floor (because he seems the sort of producer who likes to have his own input on a record, as well as a clean floor) and tell him to clean it the hell up.

Then again, I'd also like a Lamborghini and a night with Megan Fox and Jessica Alba.

strongbow is awful

what im expecting: a much more pop sounding album with v gay lyrics that will make u a big pop band so u can tour with girls aloud n nail tweedy
what im not expecting: a more technical thrash album with more complex riffs and better lyrics n vocals (being a wider range of both)

i expect to see the fingerprints of that tour with megadeth all over the album. I expect tumultuous (sp?) kickassery and bombast. and i'm hoping that death metal doesn't rear it's ugly head aside from the contributions of one mr chuck shuldiner.

strongbow is cider, and bollocks to the people who cannot accept the great drink. alright its not exactly awesome but it is cheap, and nowhere near as nice as aspall suffolk cider.

what im expecting: a much more pop sounding album with v gay lyrics that will make u a big pop band so u can tour with girls aloud n nail tweedy

how did you know?????