Recording Jesse's Drum Tracks

through_the_mist

New Metal Member
Dec 10, 2007
Paw Paw, MI
www.myspace.com
Just saw the recording update on Blabbermouth. I am eagerly anticipating your new album.

I really enjoy the production of the drums on DD...what microphones were you using on the kit? My band is going to start recording again (we're poor) and it would be cool to get some decent tracks on my drum kit.

By the way, I see you are rocking the Z-customs...niice! What size splashes do you use?

MD421's on the first three toms, looks like an RE20 on the floor tom. Snare has an i5 on top (Egan, is that one mine?). HH appears to be an SM7b, and OH's I believe are Shure SM81's, but I'm not certain.

LOL. Yeah, that's your i5.
i5 on snare, 602 on kick, 421 on rack toms, re20 on the floor, sm81's on OH's, 451's under the crashes, mk012 on hat, mk012 under the china, 414 under the ride and u87 in the room.
You could easily skip all of those extra cymbal mics but I like them.

Just saw the recording update on Blabbermouth. I am eagerly anticipating your new album.

I really enjoy the production of the drums on DD...what microphones were you using on the kit? My band is going to start recording again (we're poor) and it would be cool to get some decent tracks on my drum kit.

By the way, I see you are rocking the Z-customs...niice! What size splashes do you use?

Yeah the Z-Customs work well for our music.. especially live. The splashes are 8" and 10".