Recording recommendation

Calippo Tecks

Feb 6, 2005
Belgium
What do you guys recomment to record guitar pieces at home? I saw Boss got some stuff to record like the GT Pro and GS 10 (they use USB). I tried using the line out on my marshall 100hdfx but I cannot get a nice sound. If I hear it through my pc speakers, it's really messed up! I tried using a (cheap) microphone in front of my cabinet but that's quite crappy too...:cry:

Greetings :)

What do you guys recomment to record guitar pieces at home? I saw Boss got some stuff to record like the GT Pro and GS 10 (they use USB). I tried using the line out on my marshall 100hdfx but I cannot get a nice sound. If I hear it through my pc speakers, it's really messed up! I tried using a (cheap) microphone in front of my cabinet but that's quite crappy too...:cry:

Greetings :)

What is your buget? and what quality of recording do you want to achieve?

Chris.

I want to record a solo album in the future and I'm right now working on some songs, it goes really slow, but the result is almost what I want it to be. It are death melodic metal pieces with keyboards and everything and I want it to sound like you could sell it :) I actually don't really care about my budget because it's better to buy professional gear right now then within the next few years...

I want to record a solo album in the future and I'm right now working on some songs, it goes really slow, but the result is almost what I want it to be. It are death melodic metal pieces with keyboards and everything and I want it to sound like you could sell it :) I actually don't really care about my budget because it's better to buy professional gear right now then within the next few years...

If you can stay away from the modeling stuff (using a mic and amp) I would. If you can't I would have to say the best modeling recordings I have heard are from the POD.

Chris.

Thanks for the advice! I checked out the demo sounds for the Line 6 PODxt Pro and I must say it sounds like what I need, the GT Pro didn't really sound like what I wanted for 100%.. I'm going to see if I can test it in real life somewhere. I was also thinking that using a mic and amp and stuff like that can make it quite expensive.