I need head. (Amp head, need help)

yes I have. there's a shitty Krank, and other good Kranks. I forget which one I played through (guru?) but it ruled.

I don't think Loomis would play through an amp that sounds like shit, btw

i agree about Loomis, and was it either the Revolution 1 or the Krankenstein?

Bozz, there's 3 Krank heads, the Revolution (high end), the Krankenstein (higher end, customed by dimebag, used by loomis) and theres the Chadwick, the chadwick is the low end cheap amp, and its funny looking (compared to the other 2) its probably what you played on...

PS: Sam Ash in Cherry Hill has a Krankenstein head and cab set up in it's store... wanna take a trip over? haha

I got my shit taken care of with the Behringer power amp, so now I have:

Guitar going into Boss GT-6 Pre-Amp, going into Behringer Europower 2500, going into Line 6 Spider II 4x12 150 Watt Stereo Cabinet.

Im going to run both left and right channels from the power amp into each channel on my cabinet... wish me luck with that shit tonight.

Tempest said:

Guitar going into Boss GT-6 Pre-Amp, going into Behringer Europower 2500, going into Line 6 Spider II 4x12 150 Watt Stereo Cabinet.

Im going to run both left and right channels from the power amp into each channel on my cabinet... wish me luck with that shit tonight.

Should work. Good luck!

Tempest said:
eaeolian, what is your setup on stage?

Mesa 3 channel Triple Rec, rack with a TC G-Major, Axess CFX4 (to change channels on the Recto via midi), Furman, and a Sennheiser Digital 1000 wireless. I use an old Peavey 412MS cab with Celestion G12K-85s in it - I've had it for twenty years, and it's still my favorite cab. I use a DMC Ground Control and a ridiculously modded CryBaby on the floor.

However, every time I have to move it, I think seriously about a POD Pro. :lol:

Tempest said:

At that price - for the Behringer - i might have scored an extra as a backup! Find yourself a used Carvin X100B ASAP! You wont regret it.

Tempest said:
Hey everyone, I had a Marshall Valvestate 100 watt solid state amp, its missing a foot so it vibrates off my cab when i play, its missing a power button, and i already had the internal wiring fixed... so fuck that thing, im kicking it to the curb.

Loner, that power block sucks, its exactly what i wanted, 150 watt stereo and I like the small size but the problem is, in order to get it at full volume you need to turn up the gain and that gives it a realyl warm tube sound.. which would be a little too distorted for what i need.. plus.. look at the size of it, it has no room to breathe inside it, they ALL overheat.

I bought a Behringer Europower 2500 last night and brought it home, I cant figure out how it goes into the back of my cabinet yet, and then i think the 1/4 inch output jacks are under this piece of plastic thats screwed in.. so i go to unscrew it and the screws turn but wont come out... so i refer to the manual and it just says "unscrew these 2 screws" so i go back and i keep turning the screws but they wont come out... so im taking it back today and getting a replacement.

I got a 4u rack and power adapter for it, so im gonna go the poweramp route, ill keep the Behringer EP2500 once i figure out how to get it to work :lol:

With your setup, you could just run your pedal into the effects return of the power block, which should solve the gain problem.
Personally, I only use solid state for backup amyways. I've got an Engl Fireball for my main amp. :devil:

Loner said:
With your setup, you could just run your pedal into the effects return of the power block, which should solve the gain problem.
Personally, I only use solid state for backup amyways. I've got an Engl Fireball for my main amp. :devil:

I love Engl's, my friend just bought a powerball a few weeks ago, the sound is incredible.

Will Bozarth said:
I don't think Loomis would play through an amp that sounds like shit, btw

He has before, although I'm sure he didn't think so at the time. He's had a Peavy endorsement before he switched over to Krank, and he uses EMG active pickups in his guitas now. Ever since he started using EMGs (Dead Heart In A Dead World), his tone has suffered tremendously to my ears. And it got even worse on Enemies of Reality - the remix couldn't save it (so the excuse of Kelly Gray's fuck-up doesn't fly). He went from a vicious crunch on the first 3 albums to annoying mud. What's the point of putting active pickups in a guitar with good wood if you're not gonna hear it?

Peavy's tend to be very muddy amplifiers and I'm not into a muddy "nu" tone at all. Almost every single Peavy I've heard that wasn't hot-rodded to sound better was absolute mud. The few people I've heard who were able to get a good tone out of a Peavy is Andrew from My Dying Bride, Eddie Van Halen, and The Amott brothers (to a certain degree, although they used to have somewhat of a muddy tone before they started tweaking it on Burning Bridges). Truthfully, I think Peavys are better suited for doom and grindcore. The warm tubes compliment the music perfectly that way.

I'm glad Loomis switched over to krank. His tone is taking a turn for the far better.

BTW, Will: you never got back to me about the guitar Jeff gave you - what kind of pickups and wood is in it?

Im really not a fan of Peavey's myself either. Tim from Into Eternity gets a very sharp tone from his I've noticed, his solos cut through everything live.