*Recording Update*

Risquit said:
If I was Mike, I wouldn't talk to any of us mother fuckers. Takes away from the mystique of the recording process.

Hey Mikael, let the work speak for itself and then give us studio notes after the release.

:lol: I guess this means "you ain't Mike"? :lol: hahahaha
My prediction for the new CD release
( in the USA) Sept. 19

I believe Steve Wilson is producing again... which in my opinion is a mistake if it is
the case. They really should move in another direction...
Mike has leaned on him a lot on the past few recordings and the results were mixed...
again this is my opinion. If they are truely looking to make a heavier, darker album, then Steve Wilson should be on the sidelines. His layered over produced approach has striped some of the pureness that I look for and appreciate in Opeth's music.
Also, On the last few cd's (BWP and Deliverance) there are certain songs that Opeth has tried to mimic the heaviness of MAYH... but they couldn't recapture that sound...
I truely hope this is a brand new direction, without the overpowering drums, bass and vocals they have become accustomed to. Ok... I'm ready to take my lumps.

Night crawler said:
Does anyone know, which studio they are going to use and who will be producing the album?

Monsterxman said:
I believe Steve Wilson is producing again...

From Opeth.com ...
Opeth will be entering Fashination street studios on March 15 to record their 8th yet untitled opus. The band are currently in rehearsal mode, which is a rare occasion having recorded the last 4 records without rehearsing. The recording will be overseen by the uprising recording mogul Jens Bogren. As of today no names for production duties have surfaced and it looks like the next record will be a band produced effort. Nothing has been decided regarding who's taking care of the mix either so we'll have to keep you wondering.

Mmm,K?

Alrighty then. Out.:devil:

Mr. Samsara - thanks... I read awhile back that Steve Wilson would be producing it...
Still believe when all is said and done he will have a hand in this process... Hope not, though...

Steven Wilson wont be producing it because he'll be on tour promoting Deadwing.

Its my 21st Birthday on the 14th, so Opeth starting recording on the 15 is one of the best Bday presents I could have asked for.