Rectifier direct or slave out audio samples??

FF666

Feb 12, 2008
Hi, I would like to listen to some dual/triple or even mesa mark preamp samples (without cab simulation). Mainly distorted riffs.
I've looked for some mesa direct out samples all over the net and I have found nothing or just the studio preamp with his built in cab simulation.

I want to try matching eq to rectifier plugins for a better accuracy and to my rockmaster preamp for a bit of rectifierish air. I know part of the sound of an amp comes from his poweramp, but preamp is the starting point.

I think it can be usefull for a lot of people.
I'm only interested in mesa samples, but we could use this topic to upload any kind of preamp samples, whatever you want.

So, could someone share some samples?? Thanks in advance :kickass:

I'm sorry to say but matching the resulting frequency response of a preamp to another one won't make it sounds like it. A preamp isn't just a filter. It's the dynamic response, distortion, harmonics etc which make it sounds like it sounds. You have better chances to get your rockmaster nearer to a 5150 preamp with that method.

IIRC one Ola's older mixing practices had just the preamp section of some amp as the guitar tracks instead of pure DIs, can't recall which one it was or which amp though.

It was Ola's amp? I thought that was from Axe-fx.
I think that was mixingtime 4 from him.

EDIT: I think OP has influenced from this:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry to say but matching the resulting frequency response of a preamp to another one won't make it sounds like it. A preamp isn't just a filter. It's the dynamic response, distortion, harmonics etc which make it sounds like it sounds. You have better chances to get your rockmaster nearer to a 5150 preamp with that method.

I know I know, but in terms of eq and amount of distortion between my rockmaster and a rectifier could be a huge difference that can be reduced by comparing both preamps.

It was Ola's amp? I thought that was from Axe-fx.
I think that was mixingtime 4 from him.

EDIT: I think OP has influenced from this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhlIRBrDuSo

Yeah, something like that, but with the freedom of matching eq instead of an impulse.