Recto Recording Preamp

booyah14

Dec 1, 2005
I've been looking to go the tube amp route lately and have been checking out reviews, playing anything I can get my hand on and a few people have told me to check this out instead. I do like the fact that you can send it straight from the preamp to your mixer and still get it to sound good. I believe a few people have recently put clips up using this method. Anybody care to throw up a couple more as well?

And my only real question is if I wanted to just simply mic this up to a cab, do you just need a power amp or is there another way to get around this?

So any info would be sweet because the price factor is definitely nice and if I can get a good tone this way and not have to spend an outrageous amount of money, then I'm always willing to check it out.

I was thinking of using it mainly for it's direct out cababilities though. But if it's a huge increase to match it with a power amp then I guess I'll reconsider. How much would a power amp run me anyways?

I have a Mesa 2 : one hundred (don't see the point in having a Mesa as a preamp and a bad power amp) and it costs... errrh... a lot... More than 2,000 euros here... If you only want to use it for recording, go for a Pod XT... (especially since the Recto Preamp IS expensive)

booyah14 said:
I do like the fact that you can send it straight from the preamp to your mixer and still get it to sound good. I believe a few people have recently put clips up using this method. Anybody care to throw up a couple more as well?

I'm sorry but if you want it to sound like a guitar you're going to need to run it through a power amp, cab, and mic it. imo it still sounds like ass direct.

nice preamp otherwise...sounds great. it seems unreasonably expensive, but it's hard to find anything comparable for less than $1000 US, so I guess it's not really overpriced. I'm glad I bought mine.

xtranscendedx said:
what about the enlg e530? preamp only $479 usd
I was actually thinking about mentioning that, as it's the only sub $1000 preamp I've heard that was actually pretty nice. but how many examples are there? maybe you can dig up a couple more, but likely not many.

do they still make it? I've been considering picking one up.

Alright I was thinking this was going to be a little cheaper but with all of the add on costs I think I'll just start looking for something else used.