Red Dragon Spoilers!

Actually, it goes over reasonably well just as a crime-thriller thing. Ed Norton is fine, Ray Finnes is, erm, fine. Surprisingly, while Anthony Hopkins was the most tolerable thing about Hannibal, he's the least tolerable thing in this one. If they had cut out all the Hannibal Lecter stuff out of Red Dragon it would have been a reasonable, if totally forgetable film.

sslt.jpg
S

no, it's not Manhunter in the slightest! :)

actually, a friend of mine said if you had combined Manhunter and Red Dragon, you would have had one damn good movie. after seeing Red Dragon (which I thought was oK, but having read the book and all that I realise there were plenty of details my mind automagically filled in, meaning the movie probably wasn't as good as my impression of it), i think I agree.

But the Red Dragon was designed really well, better than the crappy one in Manhunter, and Fiennes did much better than the reviews of him had warned me he would. and the scene with Freddy Lounds and the slide projector and such, one of my favorite in the book and totally ruined in Manhunter, was done really well!