red fore fire vs black for death

i wonder how he lives just out of writing and music. where i live, thats about impossible unless you play at weddings and shit lol

He's still a student I believe. He gets funding from his schools to travel. He's a very successful scholar, and when you're good in school, you are usually paid fairly well in scholarships.

yeah well i find it quite odd that he was enrolled (that's the right word, isnt it..) at some university in Paris when he still lived in France, but a couple months ago he moved to Berlin..?!

i suppose that's what you were pointing out, karps?

and Lazare is working for some Norwegian tv station. they probably don't meet very often, kind of makes you wonder how the heck they come up with such incredible music.

It is interesting, they hardly ever cross pathes would imagine. Cornelius was in France last time I spoke with him through email, so it seems like he's never in Norway, while Lazare most likely spends most time there since he has a job that requires his presence in one location. They are just two souls are mesh when it comes to music, and when they wrote Red For Fire + Black For Death, they did devote a while to it, alone together.

yeah, and while this icelandic odessy is much more straightforward than their previous albums,, its not the complexity of the compositions but their feel, at least for me

Yea, I suppose. Some songs on Black For Death are fairly convoluted (Sagateller, Allfathers, the Lokesennas and some others), and Crater Of the Valkyries was a pretty complex song I think. And songs like Buy My Sperm or Jernlov are pretty straightforward. I feel like they've always been a band to mix things up in that respect.

i like Meister Mephisto (a lot) better. the whole atmosphere on Uber is totally different, obviously due to the fact that the album has been recorded as full line up band. unlike MM, which of course, Cornelius did all (well, almost) by himself.

its funny how people draw some weird comparisons like one i saw at the metal observer. it said sturmgeist was like Andrew W.K doing a tribute to germany :S

I think MM was a lot darker and atmospheric, I think Uber is what he really wanted the band to be, since it's so rocking and party party fun fun