release date for the Obsidian conspiracy?

Assuming catalog numbers go in order of release and the new Dark Tranquillity is #648, then Triptykon, the new Tom G. Warrior group, must be #649, since it is being released on March 22nd. I've found that labels usually announce release dates of albums no later than eight weeks prior to the release date. Albums are almost always released on Tuesdays. 4/1/10 is a Thursday and I doubt Nevermore is going to be the band that breaks with tradition, unless they have a thing for kicking off the Holy Days of Easter. The following Tuesday would be April 6th. All of Century Media's 2010 releases appear to be released on an every other week schedule, according to the label's website. In light of the above, it would appear that The Obsidian Conspiracy will be released on 4/6/10, assuming that it really is catalog #650. If this is the case, an official announcment should be made within the next two to three weeks.

Assuming catalog numbers go in order of release and the new Dark Tranquillity is #648, then Triptykon, the new Tom G. Warrior group, must be #649, since it is being released on March 22nd. I've found that labels usually announce release dates of albums no later than eight weeks prior to the release date. Albums are almost always released on Tuesdays. 4/1/10 is a Thursday and I doubt Nevermore is going to be the band that breaks with tradition, unless they have a thing for kicking off the Holy Days of Easter. The following Tuesday would be April 6th. All of Century Media's 2010 releases appear to be released on an every other week schedule, according to the label's website. In light of the above, it would appear that The Obsidian Conspiracy will be released on 4/6/10, assuming that it really is catalog #650. If this is the case, an official announcment should be made within the next two to three weeks.

Must admit, I'm impressed with your detective work.

smaller_bacon_and_omlette-300x225.jpg

Holy fuck. I feel like my IQ has actually gone up a few points.

Devil Sold His Soul - s/t is #651 and drops April 1st, according to the CM website.

The new Sick Of It All is #652 and drops 04/23/10.

#653 is the new Poisonblack and this one is about to drop 03/19/10.

These numbers are their database ID btw.

Also many albums are being released at the same date. These numbers don't give away anything but a rough estimate maybe.

I'm pretty sure Nevermore were scheduled for a late March/early April release but since they didn't wrap up the recordings in time (vocals were delayed according to Sneap), mixing was postponed to be finished in January. So they were probably (temporarily) removed from the list just in case they couldn't hold the deadline.

April's probably still very much possible...

for real. you can't just come waltzing back in like a champion even though we missed you. We definitely haven't spoken of your generous mother for some time. I think it's time to open the discussions once again.