Releases 2009!

Neil Kernon is great! I'm well aware of his work. Jim Morris is also great!

What you guys need to understand is that Sneap actually has the gear to make some excellent sounding records, and as far as his actual mixing and mastering goes, he's solid. The problem is that he reamps the guitars with a disgusting mechanical sound, edits the SHIT out of them, and then replaces live drum takes (that probably sound great) with samples and then edits those! The whole concept is quite gross if you think about it - trying to get the most clear sound as possible making sure everything sounds super sterile.

yeh i know all that, and also that nevermore had a style change that coincided with the producer change.....
just sayin, 'dirty' rules!!

also :kickass: to your lastfm. jane doe is more extreme than most metal!

Jesus that Hypocrisy cover is kind of ridiculous. Then again, Virus looked like it was the cover of the next AVP movie. Then again a second time, looking at all of Hypocrisy's album art throughout their career, this is the first cover that doesn't make me go "now what the fuck kind of music are these guys about to play?" I laugh every time I see those cute little skinny aliens on The Arrival.

lol what is powerviolence? sounds angry.

I highly doubt Horgh will be touring with Hypocrisy now. I wonder who Peter will enlist for drum duties... maybe Peter from Darkane/Pestilence?

Powerviolence is basically grindcore but without the death metal influence. Just a really pissed off variation of hardcore.

To reiterate what I said in another forum:

I saw them a few years ago when they came to the US and all I'm gonna say is that despite the fact that Abbath wears those stupid Malmsteen aviator glasses he's actually the most down to earth and cool dude in this whole business. He must have been hanging at the venue for hours chilling with fans and signing autographs and taking pictures. At the end of Immortal's set he high fived as many people as he could. What a top class dude who also happens to write amazing music.

Anyone who's seen his guitar world segment where he completely shits on these talentless "shredders" who do those "betchya can't play this" segments by just playing/singing along to Immortal songs would know full well what a pimp he is.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoDcopXCxGc&feature=related[/ame]

For a guy whose band makes $30,000 for an exclusive show in the US and hundreds of thousands of euros per show in Europe (not to mention a guy who dresses like... that...^^), it's quite impressive to have such a cool attitude.

He is quite a ridiculous character with the makeup on and some of the pictures are hilarious, but still Immortal is fucking great. I'm looking forward to that new album of theirs.

Also reminds me.. The stuff Demonaz has been working on is awesome, hopefully that album gets released as well.

i would call your attention to one NEIL KERNON

Politics of Ecstasy, Dreaming Neon Black, In Memory?! would these albums hold half the magic if sneap was at the helm? quite a horrific thought indeed!

You know I realized that the irony in this post is that the last 3 NM records are more pissed off and venom-fueled than the first 3. =O

Yeah I didn't mean any disrespect to Abbath I wasn't making fun of him or anything, just saying his pics are definitely out there. Musically I can't wait for the new one I've loved every album they've put out and the direction the music was headed with Sons had my full interest. Abbath is the man and Horgh is a big person.

edit: 30k a SHOW? 100k+ a show in europe? What the fuck!? Where are you getting these figures? I mean, that is AWESOME especially since it's actually a GOOD band like Immortal, but I didn't think metal had that much cash goin for it...

The big metal bands get big guarantees man. In Flames gets like 500,000 USD per gig in Sweden.

I read that Immortal got 30,000 USD per show when they did those two US shows in 2007 through Finberg on another forum. It's not surprising since Finberg has Immortal as "the rent paying band of the year" on his myspace page lol. As for Europe, those are the kind of numbers bands get to headline huge fests like Wacken.

Hell yeah there is justice in the world! I was under the impression that even big bands like In Flames and whatnot weren't fully loaded. Oh, btw. Ummmm, apparantly short hair makes you want to bring back some Subterranean FLAVA. Their new disc will still prob be shit, but this little arrangement gives me a grain of hope on a large, nude beach.

I just received the new Shining yesterday and have given it a fair amount of runs. You cannot really match Halmstad, so you have to set the expectation bar a little lower. The new album is enjoyable for sure. Niklas does clean vocals and they are quite good. My biggest complaint is that his vocals are not as intense. I will have more things to say when the album really sinks in at some point.

My biggest complaint was that the guitar solos were way too noodley and took away from Shining's atmosphere. The new Bergraven is similar in genre but better!