Releases 2009!

Christian was too flamboyant on their last disc. He's a great vocalist, but I felt like he was bringing them too close to the Soilwork spiral of gayness. Interested to hear what their next will sound like. I was more into the fact that I could actually browse the web with ease via a cell phone rather than hating on SS.

I was considering the Blackberry Storm, it looked pretty awesome. However, I'm still tied to the father's plan for one more year so I didn't think he would have appreciated the upcharges for teh aw3some stuff the Storm can do. The enV touch is pretty sick though. Replaced my iPod, digital camera, old cell phone and GPS nav. :headbang:

I agree with the flamboyant thing, almost seemed like he was trying too hard or something, Haha. I have always thought Christian's death vox were his strongest characteristic.

Although his clean vocals have always somewhat reminded me of Björn's from Soilwork, except on Holographic Universe. So, somewhat the opposite opinion there.

Christian is a good friend of mine... and we both poop on the Soilwork comparisons. His cleans are much more of a Jeff Scott Soto type thing:

For my storm GPS is an extra 10 bucks per month so I didn't get it seeing as though I've only really needed GPS a few times in my life. It was cool one time when I was with a bud looking for a restaurant and he whipped out his iPhone and found it through GPS, but meh, not worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fans of shit like Naglfar and Dissection and Immortal will be blown away by the new Torchbearer (where Chris plays rhythm guitars). Both TFAM and S.45 are hot stuff too. I'm pretty sure the new Miseration will have zero clean vocals and will be very very brutal. There's a video of them playing a new song live and it's just slow and doomy and crushing.

EDIT here:

Haha, I was so bored or interested to see what this was about and I jaw dropped when she said Abigail Williams. I was expecting some serious cheese like Three Days Grace or something.

Haha, I was so bored or interested to see what this was about and I jaw dropped when she said Abigail Williams. I was expecting some serious cheese like Three Days Grace or something.

Part of me expected that too and part of me was a bit floored to see her mentioning actual heavy bands, but idk praise like that for JFAC made me sad. Just the most derivative death metal I've ever heard.

Diverting from current discussion: I like Bjorn in Disarmonia Mundi moreso than in Soilwork. However, why even bother when the beast/awesome Claudio can pull off everything Bjorn does but with 10x more intensity and conviction? I enjoy Mindtricks simply because he picks up the slack of Bjorn every time he opens his mouth.

Is Claudio the one that looks like he belongs in a boy band in this video:

If so I agree 100%. Didn't care for Mind Tricks though.

I am very intrigued at the possibility of what will be in the new Disarmonia Mundi album, especially based on some of the EP songs - "Ghost Song" is really good but not standard fare. Spiral Dancer is sweet too.

I feel like I may have said this in the past. :Smug:

ahhh yes. because i did.

i likee the new disarmonia mundi ep. 'ghost song' is ridonkulous, and spiral dancer is pretty good too. always nice to hear speed working on music that doesn't suck.

:cry: