Releases 2009!

Okay, why didn't anyone tell me that Tyr was a good band :Smug:
I am listening to Turid Torkilsdottir (from By The Light of the Northern Star) right now and it is rocking my world.

I don't know if anyone likes Illnath or not, but they've had their 3rd full length done for like almost 2 years now. It was scheduled to be released sometime last summer, then it got pushed to the end of the year, didn't come out, then I see a December 2009 date. I decided to email the band just to see what was up considering their 2nd album never got released officially outside of Japan. This was their response:

Hey...
There's no date yet, since we can't find any label to release the album....
So please be patience....
Pete
Illnath

(lol @ be patience)

I also wouldn't really want to hear too many details about the new Insomnium album, I owe them a legit album purchasing. When its in my hands that'll be the first time I listen to it :rolleyes: same with Esoteric.

I am not sure if anyone mentioned it but Alcest is supposed to be recording an album next month, that should be very interesting.

Hmmm, looks like the second half of 2009 is going to throw quite a few albums at me as last year did... Katatonia, Skyfire, Insomnium, Immortal, Fragments Of Unbecoming, Hypocrisy, Woods Of Ypres, Scar Symmetry... Just ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Okay, I admit, I'm going through a 'catching up on stuff I should have been listening to' phase.

That being said, how do you fellows feel about the latest The Devil Wears Prada album? Or do you guys just turn :ill: and :zombie: at the thought of metalcore?

(The orchestral elements from it kind of make me think of Dimmu Borgir's "Death Cult Armageddon," hahaha...a little more nuance than I expected from this band)

I anticipate the new Scar Symmetry sucking big donkey dicks.

Also Neige said the new Alcest would probably come out next year.

Katatonia album entitled Night Is The New Day will be released on October 19th in Europe and the 27th in the US! Like the other two Peaceville albums I have pre-ordered in the past, I hope I get my copy around the European release date. Although in this case, the time between release dates is only a week.

Okay, I admit, I'm going through a 'catching up on stuff I should have been listening to' phase.

That being said, how do you fellows feel about the latest The Devil Wears Prada album? Or do you guys just turn :ill: and :zombie: at the thought of metalcore?

(The orchestral elements from it kind of make me think of Dimmu Borgir's "Death Cult Armageddon," hahaha...a little more nuance than I expected from this band)

Don't do it. You have a penis.

Katatonia album entitled Night Is The New Day will be released on October 19th in Europe and the 27th in the US! Like the other two Peaceville albums I have pre-ordered in the past, I hope I get my copy around the European release date. Although in this case, the time between release dates is only a week.

Peaceville products have REALLY epic packaging.

Swedish melodic progressive death metallers SCAR SYMMETRY will release their new album, "Dark Matter Dimensions", in October via Nuclear Blast Records.

The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. The Iconoclast
02. The Consciousness Eaters
03. Noumenon And Phenomenon
04. Ascension Chamber
05. Mechanical Soul Cybernetics
06. Non-Human Era
07. Dark Matter Dimensions
08. Sculptor Void
09. A Parenthesis In Eternity
10. Frequency-Shifter
11. Radiant Strain
12. Pariah

GOD damn are these track titles awful. What the hell does "A Parenthesis In Eternity" mean?

Definitely, plus that album took about a full year to sound decent to me. I assume this one will be worse, but listenable. Didn't hear any power metal vocals in that dumb studio vid so that's a +

Wowzerz im on the net way the far away from my house. i got the new verizon envtouch and i am pleased that it lets me say how painfully shitty scar symmetry is via any wherabout in the country. new tracklisting sounds very gay. this phone = "remotely" cool

I was actually thinking of getting that phone, Don. I'm a good 4 past years due for an upgrade..

Confession: I may be having trouble getting into Crack The Skye. This may in fact be symptomatic of my overall not-all-that-interested attitude towards "post metal" in all its various forms.

Should I give it a few more listen-throughs or resign myself to ignominy forever?

This is what I has:

BlackBerry_Storm_H4Web.jpg

All my life I've had either super cheap/crappy or free phones so I figured this time I'd actually throw a little dough when I switched over to Verizon from T-Mobile. It's pretty awesome but the battery life is horrendous. Using the webz and playing music eats up battery life too but oh well, just means I have to charge it more often.

Oh and even with the interwebz (which is mandatory for BBerries) charge and the $10 per month insurance that I got for it, this thing is still cheaper than what I was paying for T-Mobile just for calls and texts... hah..