Releases 2009!

Be'lakor - Stone's Reach. Check it out. Wow. Australia is actually good at something!

Dude, the Aussies have one of the best metal scenes period. The Berzerker, Alarum, Portal, Ulcerate, Ruins, The Amenta (Mah booooys, wad uuuup), Infernal Method (RIP), Universum... shhiiiat son. I can go on.

Uh neal, why does this new Throwdown sound like fairly decent southern/stoner metal? lulz

Isn't this a sxe tuffcore band? Since when did they start getting influenced by Clutch and Down?

Well pardon my skepticism with Ausssie bands. New Be'lakor rips and then some. I'm in awe and praising stage.

On other notes. Don't care for the new Disarmonia Mundi. Maybe I've grown out of the sick riff/gay chorus appeal. Hopefully not. Will give it a few more listens.

BTW I went to Ensiferum/Blackguard last weekend. Opening bands owned. Shaded Emnity. Check em out. Sick music. Met their mother on the concert floor... Sick upcoming band. Very melodic, tons of tremelo, epic, tons of blastbeats, etc.

EDIT: new DM sucks the royal cock. Seriously though, check out Shaded Emnity. I feel like every song on the new record is trying to convince you to give them a superior blowjob.

Wow after a week new Be'lakor is FUCKING AMAZING. Surprise of 2009 for me definitely. Some quality, moody, progressive melo-death with plenty of time changes, smooth double-kick rhythms, acoustic work, ripping leads, and quirky passages. If you haven't, check this shit out. It's def. top 10 material for me.

New Disarmonia Mundi is still a big ? in my book. Like it more and more each time, but not at the rate that I thought I would. Sounds like Etorre figured out how to use protools on this one. Results were not good.

Again though, Shaded Emnity man! Check the guys out they play a variety of epic super fast viking/pagan/melodeath tremelo laced with the absence riffs, complete with too many blastbeats to count. Good stuff. I've spun the CD a handful of times and I think these guys are gonna be HUGE in like 2 years. Aeonic, maybe point your Pivotal buddies this way. The dudes in the band were really outgoing and overall nice guys.

Yeah dude. Im in no way related to the band or have any stake in their affairs. Just thought they were a sick, young act.

But if you want to nibble PM me and we'll set up a time... just kidding lol not gay.

no but PM me.

I shall now commence gently nibbling on your sack.

:headbang: Nothing is more metal than manlove.

I've been listening to Monolith by From Exile recently. I like it a lot! Really swooping, meandering, huge sounding melodic...death...metal? I dunno. Last.fm says they are similar to Skyfire and Persefone.

Their guitar tone really reminds me of someone but I can't fucking figure it out.

Hah, on the title track Monolith the vocals at first sounded almost like Dethklok (Glanced at the Myspace) thought that was silly.

I think I may check the album out though :)

You guys have more random boner bands than any crowd i've ever seen. Here's how it appears to me:

"Yeah I'd make my 2009 best of list, but I'm waiting until the Yakerfoldmcgyyseaks CD comes out, not to mention the new Anallfeeeeestival!"

Seriously, I feel like this board gets cultist boners for decent underground bands based on the fact that they are underground.

Who the fuck are these bands!!!???

::frown face:: :(