Releases 2009!

BTBAM is a quality release.

I, however, have never been able to get into Katatonia. :ill:

I got into them through The Great Cold Distance really haha. Tom from Evergrey was like "it's the best album to ever come out in the last 6 years" when I interviewed him. That was a funny exchange actually, I replied:

"even better than the Evergrey albums?"

*pause*

Tom: "except those."

I wouldn't go that far. Probably not the BEST album in the last 6 years, but it was a greeaat CD and I got into their old stuff too. I like TCD better than the new one so far, but this CD is still pure class.

The Great Cold Distance was an album that I started to appreciate more over time. It is not really close to being their best album, but it is amazing quality. Jonas' vocals are probably best on that album though.

The Great Cold Distance was an album that I started to appreciate more over time. It is not really close to being their best album, but it is amazing quality. Jonas' vocals are probably best on that album though.

Jonas' voice is what makes me like them so much!

Anyone heard the new Marduk? Suxxxxxxx dikz IMO

edit: can someone please point me in the direction of some good Katatonia? Listened to Brave Murder Day and A Great Cold Distance. Ended up jacking off due to boredom... I know they're sick, but I just can't get into 'em...

I can't really get into Marduk, I tried to get into them a few times to see what I was missing and couldn't find a hint of cool. :erk:

As for recommending Katatonia, I honestly can't even think of where to start, Haha. For me it started with single tracks I believe, from random albums (Sweet Nurse, I Break, Brave, Right Into The Bliss, Criminals, Evidence, etc.) and from that basically started enjoying more random tracks and the love spread like a virus. :worship:

For anyone who enjoys themselves some nice melodic black metal the album Fear by Cryptic Wintermoon is absolutely fantastic, took me by surprise for sure.

I have Windows 7 on my stuff at home (I get it fo' free since I am a developre, weoooooo weoooooo) and it is quite good. Recommendz, probably best OS of 2009. Easily top ten.

katatonia is just slow, boring metal. i do not see at all how it is called 'doom' as there is no bluesy/stoney big riffs. its just 'regular' metal thats slow and boring and sucks.

katatonia is just slow, boring metal. i do not see at all how it is called 'doom' as there is no bluesy/stoney big riffs. its just 'regular' metal thats slow and boring and sucks.

Well there is a whole school of doom that Katatonia, Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride etc invented you know. Just because it doesn't sound like Candlemass or Pentagram doesn't mean it's not doom. Both sides are awesome!

oh i am quite aware of that other form of 'doom' that has nothing to do with sabbath or pentagram or st vitus or weed, i just choose not to recognize it as doom and instead make scornful remarks. its like if doom went goth and then later emo. i dont like it.

oh i am quite aware of that other form of 'doom' that has nothing to do with sabbath or pentagram or st vitus or weed, i just choose not to recognize it as doom and instead make scornful remarks. its like if doom went goth and then later emo. i dont like it.

Hahahaha fair enough brah. I'm getting more sick of the melodic school of doom too in favor of grittier ballsier type stuff.

Speaking of melodic school of doom (not really at all, though), the first album I'm gonna spin today after my Windows 7 catastrophe is Swallow the Sun - New Moon! Hopefully it will be better than that gay vampire movie coming out...