Releases 2009!

Yo I don't know if anyone really cares but I do a radio show at UPS in Tacoma, WA. If you wanna tune in you can stream it tonight from 11-1am PST. kups.ups.edu. Click the link and iTunes will open. We tend to be really drunk and play awesome metal, so listen up!

Having spent a few months at the Earache Records US office in 2008, I was shocked and saddened by the death of the Evile dude. Earache has been stoked on that band for so long and it seems like every time they catch a break some shit goes down. I can't say I'm a fan personally, but it's still shitty shitty :(.

Yo I don't know if anyone really cares but I do a radio show at UPS in Tacoma, WA. If you wanna tune in you can stream it tonight from 11-1am PST. kups.ups.edu. Click the link and iTunes will open. We tend to be really drunk and play awesome metal, so listen up!

Play some shit off Esoteric nigga!

I'm not sure why, but I listened to the new Scar Symmetry a few days ago... it was very slightly better than what I expected.... That isn't saying much though because I was expecting the most putrid garbage ever.... it was quite terrible :ill:

The new Immortal is really cool though. :) but sadly it doesn't even come close to Sons Of Northern Darkness.

And the Lifelover mini CD is fucking fantastic, I am not sure if any of you other fellas on here are into them though. Still I recommend it.

Seems like the songwriting for Scar Symmetry overall has dropped a notch - I don't hear anything like "Morphogenesis" on the new cd. I do like The Iconoclast and Noumenon and Phenomenon, but mostly just because of the chorus in the latter's case.

The video for the song is hilarious, btw: [ame]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=63928722[/ame]

(PS: anybody here like Redemption? Their new cd, "Snowfall on Judgment Day", is pretty hoopty. progressive-y metal without scads of pretension)

Aeonic, weren't you saying something somewhere sometime ago about the new Skeletonwitch tearing ass and taking names. I'd surely say I must wholeheartedly agree. What a nice little melodic thrash-festival they put on.

Been listening to a few different things:
The new Slough Feg album is - as always - short and pleasing. The title track is especially good. And if you can seriously get through an entire album about apes overthrowing their human masters without laughing during a recording, props.
I also gave a listen to some of Artillery's new release - I am not sure how I feel about it. I kind of want there to be a little more melody? Maybe it just needs another spin.
I gave a listen to the band that spammed this board with their new release - Karlahan - they're actually not too bad. It reminds me a little bit of Stormlord or Runic, if those names mean anything to ya. I can see why whoever that was would think Skyfire fans would be interested.

In the non-metal arena, Metric's new cd "Fantasies" is something like the 10th awesome female-fronted release I've heard this year. Keep em comin! (Aeonic, you might like them)

^ Haven't heard of anything you just mentioned. Recommend me some of that! I'm partial to the kind of metal that gets me hard without scrutinizing me. PM me or something it's gonna be a long weekend and I've already came 9x over upon receiving the "hard copy" of the Skyfire album... :)

New BTBAM and Skitliv (if you like dsbm) are worth checking out. That second half of "Mirrors" gives me goosebumps -- very powerful shit.