Releases 2009!

New Swallow the Sun is nice. Heavy, slow, melancholic, and deathly, as always. Not sure if it's any better than the others, but simply enjoyable. What do you think Aeonic?

It was okay -- a bit flaccid and shallow (in that while the riffs scratched my heavy itch, they really didn't do anything more than that) overall. Good production though, and the black metalish moments were cool.

yeah i can agree with that. while listening to the cd i was writing a paper, and only looked up a few times and thought "oh this part is nice". but still the overall feel i got was a boner. could be the sick cover art. i feel like there are no sick 2009 releases yet to be released. what's coming up? all i know of is disarmonia mundi...

Just sounds like the standard Swallow The Sun... Pretty good stuff, though boring at times. Give em a few more tries and I think they'll put out a great album.

^What he said.

Also I checked out the new Devin album Addicted... After 3 listens I can easily say it fucks Ki right in its stinky ass... Its very neat stuff! :)

Season Of Mist was the winner in most awesome releases from a label last year and this year Inside Out pretty much wins it. Both Devy albums as well as the new Redemption, Shadow Gallery, and Transatlantic albums are all awesome. Maybe not all are top-10 (or top 20) material, but really cool nonetheless. Props!

New While Heaven Wept album. It's....big! Really big! And mopey. I like it quite a bit.

Got around to finally listening to the new Regina Spektor album. Definitely top 10 potential. Will require more listens.

I was more asking in general, not so much because of that comment. Saying an album is in the top 10 after a listen isn't too bad I suppose. But other things he's said makes it seem that way.

I sound like a bit of a douche but its not the first time :tickled:
No disrespect intended though.

I was more asking in general, not so much because of that comment. Saying an album is in the top 10 after a listen isn't too bad I suppose. But other things he's said makes it seem that way.

I sound like a bit of a douche but its not the first time :tickled:
No disrespect intended though.

I said it has top 10 potential. I did not say it is in the top 10 after one listen. Big difference. And how do you know how many times I listen to albums? Before making a post about it, I may have listened to a CD 30 times for all you know. Don't judge me by my scrobbler either -- many times I will turn scrobbling off while listening to something confidential and forget to turn it back on.

New Agrypnie coming out next month. I had no idea that they had anything planned until I went to their myspace and saw what looked like a new album cover. Pretty excited about that. Their release from last year, Exit, was fantastic.

Really digging the new Krallice. I fucking hated their debut; shit was mad overhyped. This however is pretty damn cool. Has some moments that remind me of Morningrise era Opeth where I half expect Mikael to come in with his signature snarl.