Releases 2009!

lol @ constituting Alice in Chains as a "diversified" taste :)

I never said they are. But they put out two of the 3 most essential rock albums of the 90s (the third being Faith No More's Angel Dust). Just because they're not death metal doesn't mean they can't be talked about. Band was amazing and this new song is great so I'm psyched for the new CD.

I'm also kind of confused that you make fun of me for liking AIC but not Vampire Weekend or Fleet Foxes and all the other trendy hipster bands that for some reason I am addicted to.

You might be a fag if you listen to Alice In Chains.

thumbup.gif

i likee the new disarmonia mundi ep. 'ghost song' is ridonkulous, and spiral dancer is pretty good too. always nice to hear speed working on music that doesn't suck.

I'll check this out.

Yeh know, the only Soilwork album that 'sucks' would be the latest.

Their next album should be fantastic, due to Peters return.

lol good call.

By the way neal, did you check out the new Coalsece? Shit is right up your alley and awesome.

Just to clarify, next time I try to make a really gay joke, what genre is Skyfire? Progressive Melodic Sympho Power/Death Metal?

lol i'll just refrain from trying the: You might be an X if you do Y "jokes" from now on. Aeonic, this may be reinforcing the stereotype but i've never even heard of Vampire Carnival or Fleet Frolickers, thus the bashing is averted. Oh well though, people like and unless it's country I think all music forms are perfectly fine.

As far as the new Disarmonia Mundi EP goes, I like most of the songs. It's nice to not have Bjorn over gayifying all of the material.

That said, isn't Peter Wichers back in Soilwork? Can't tell if that's a good thing or not. I think Stabbing the Drama sucked pretty hard, though their last was good musically, but I literally couldn't listen to it because of Bjorn. Far too EMOtionally inclined for a metal disc.

Edit: Oh god. First Nightrage, then Skyfire, now Candlemass. This week is just pleasant.

New Novembers Doom is amazing, but this is post is to point out something I read on Warrel Dane's Twitter page:

"god this chorus is fucking huge... and I'm pulling out some old Sanctuary screams"

BRB changing my pants....

What the fuck is up with all of these bands saving their releases for August/September/October? New Katatona, BTBAM, Orphaned Land, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Immortal, 3 Inches Of Blood, Skyfire, Muse, Mew, Alice In Chains, The Black Dahlia Murder, and a few more that I've forgotten. Some of these I don't expect to blow my mind into pieces, but I maintain that expectation for a good few of these.

And there's already albums to look forward to next year! New Nevermore, Dillinger, Burzum, and Dark Traqnuillity have me salivating for 2010 already.

this is post is to point out something I read on Warrel Dane's Twitter page:

"god this chorus is fucking huge... and I'm pulling out some old Sanctuary screams"

BRB changing my pants....
yeh, hopefully he got all that touchy feely emo nonsense out of his system on the solo album and will come back full force spitting venom and disgust!

:kickass: pissed-off WD

What the fuck is up with all of these bands saving their releases for August/September/October? New Katatona, BTBAM, Orphaned Land, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Immortal, 3 Inches Of Blood, Skyfire, Muse, Mew, Alice In Chains, The Black Dahlia Murder, and a few more that I've forgotten. Some of these I don't expect to blow my mind into pieces, but I maintain that expectation for a good few of these.

And there's already albums to look forward to next year! New Nevermore, Dillinger, Burzum, and Dark Traqnuillity have me salivating for 2010 already.

Sort of what happened for me last year. I had not bought a full length until June. But this year, I have only purchased one full length, well two, I am awaiting the new Shining and two EP's. Pretty much like last year at this time.

Katatonia is definitely on top of my list. Porcupine Tree is not far behind, along with Skyfire.

yeh, hopefully he got all that touchy feely emo nonsense out of his system on the solo album and will come back full force spitting venom and disgust!

:kickass: pissed-off WD

I didn't like that album either (PTTWM), but I wouldn't call it emo haha. And yes, WD bleeds black just like Barney from Napalm Death.

nice.

God when will this end? For some reason I can't recall a time where so much awesome shit came out in a 2 month period. Aside from the slew already mentioned there is new Immortal, Kalmah, Disarmonia Mundi, Persefone, Insomnium, Sonata Arctica, Arch Enemy, and Wintersun all in the next month or so. Just kidding about the Wintersun though. I think Jari will perish before he releases that album.

I guess no one likes Behemoth but FUCK ME Evangelion is sick. The new November's Doom also made me go to the store and buy a bunch of bananas to heat up in the microwave and fuck i mean eat

Wait, new Sonata? fuck me sidewaaaaaaaaaaaaaays

this is a good year. i still haven't gotten to half of these recommendations, though.

Mr. Slumbers of Much Time - What songs on the Cage release do you recommend? I was listening to the first few today - Good Morning caught my ear but not the next two. Any real gems?

Also I hear that Horse the Band is soon to release "Desperate Living" - which will be awesome if they continue in anywhere near the same vein as they have recently.

As well as Between the Buried and me with "The Great Misdirect."

I might just die of continual orgasms by the end of 2009.

I'm pretty sure that the "new" Arch Enemy CD is that re-recording of their old stuff, which is a crime against humanity and will be my number 1 worst album of 2009.

I'm also expecting the new Sonata to suck dix0rz even though I did like Unia alot.

Also I heard that the new Cage is overall disappointing, so I'm actually kind of afraid to check it out! The two songs I heard were really good though. By the way, I'm referring to Cage the rapper, not the power metal band... just to be clear. Definitely check out the album Hell's Winter though. That one is awesome! And lol @ much time... I wish I had time.

Oh right, Insomnium too. That will be very interesting to see where they go.

I also agree that Arch Enemy re-recording old albums is ridiculous. I think it is futile for anyone to re-record an older album.