remaining happy while listening to katatonias music..

Even if it's lame to you it doesn't mean that the people who do in fact live them didn't want to in the first place...Yes there are plenty of posers out there who act like that because they have no where else to fit in, but some people can't help that.

I think that in general, if you're behaving "Katatonic" to fit in, you're wasting your time. I always got the impression that the "katatonia lifestyle" was about as anti-social as you can get.

A lot of people miss a very important point about Katatonia's music; the characters int he songs, no matter who they are or what they are doing, are usually not happy to be forced into the lifestyles they are living. Just look at Tonight's Music for example. "How could this go so very wrong, that I must depend on darkness?" He's not happy about it at all, so why would you be?

On the other hand, I'm not a social person, nor do I particularly enjoy sunny days or bunnies or duckies or Smash Mouth, so I'm drawn to this kind of music. My lifestyle is my own, and the fact that I like Katatonia is a reflection of this, not the other way around.

Also, in direct response to Brave.Archangel, I enjoy Katatonia most when I'm in a good mood, though they are comforting when I am in a bad mood as well. I am a strong believer in musical Catharsis.

Hope that makes sense.

Rorix

I can definitely be happy while listening to Katatonia's music. The main things that keep me happy are the fact that there's another album coming out that'll have a thousand other things to discover about them, the fact that out of everyone I know I'm the only one that knows about, and enjoys their music, they're kind of like a special secret that no one else knows about.

I generally dont listen to Katatonia when im feeling very happy, but usually im feeling either sort of 'neutral' or down. If im feeling neutral, i just love katatonia for the music, and if im down, then it kind of reminds me that feeling depressed is just chemicals in my brain, and i still rock.

knowing that:whatever my current mode is ;the songs that lies on my playlist that all from katatonia all from tonight's decision, will certainly make me sad,desperate,depressed etc.
knowing that shit keeps me happy.Cause one need to grieve some periods of his/her life.And if you wanna go into your bad with broken hopes and dead-end thougts,listen one or two songs from the album 'tonight's decision' or 'discouraged ones' and then try to sleep in a suffocating night as a real discouraged one!