Remakes that should of never existed

"Meet Joe Black" - inspired by the 1934 classic "Death Takes a Holiday".
Jodie Foster in a new version of "The King and I" .

Texas Chainsaw Massacre :mad:... nothing will ever beat the original! However, I didn't see the remake and don't plan on seeing it... I hate it when untalented nOOb's are placed in masterpieces.

Texas chainsaw is a great classic. It´s sad that they made remake of it.
Whats the point of making remakes anyway. If a film is already good there´s no point in making a new version and if a movie already sucks a remake probably wont be any better.
Are there a lack of scripts to male movies of or what?

Tom75 said:
Whats the point of making remakes anyway. If a film is already good there´s no point in making a new version and if a movie already sucks a remake probably wont be any better.
Are there a lack of scripts to male movies of or what?

I think the reason why almost all remakes turn out crap is that they mostly lack the impact of the original and sometimes bad casting chioces.

I can´t come to think of any movie remake that´s better than the original. But there got to be some.

I know that the movie "Heat" is a remake of a movie made by the same director (or maybe it was producer, something like that) and is almost exactly the same, same talk, only that Heat has better actors (DeNiro and Pacino in the same movie!). I've only heard about this, haven't seen the original, but movie critics says that it is complete waste. Heat is a very good action though.

Back to topic: Yeah Planet of the Apes is a terrible, meaningless remake.
I've heard that Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck once thought of doing a remake of Casablanca with them starring in it, but it was put on ice as no one wanted to either sponsor them or even try to make it! haha! hope they never do that!

Crusader said:
Back to topic: Yeah Planet of the Apes is a terrible, meaningless remake.
I've heard that Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck once thought of doing a remake of Casablanca with them starring in it, but it was put on ice as no one wanted to either sponsor them or even try to make it! haha! hope they never do that!

Now that would be terrible.

Tom75 said:
I can´t come to think of any movie remake that´s better than the original. But there got to be some.
I thought 'Red Dragon' was far superior to 'Manhunter'. Though I'm not sure if it would be considered a remake, or just a different interpretation of the book.

Get Carter and the Italian Job. Or that shitty musical version of Little Shop of Horrors...

i completely forgot about the hills have eyes, i doubt it should be remade though but texas chainsaw massacre and dawn of the dead are both supposed to be really good

besides, texas chainsaw massacre has been remade and sequeled so many times already it doesnt matter if they do it again

God fucking zilla. What those Hollywood cunts did to my favorite overgrown buddy pisses me off. The 1998 abomination that had the simple name of "Godzilla" should've been called "Big piece of shit lameass CG dinosaur, with a crappy story". 1954's "Godzilla: King of the Monsters" >>>> 1998's shitfest "Godzilla"

"Destroy All Monsters" is the best Godzilla movie ever, 1978 was better because of that movie.

Don't know if this counts, but "The Ring", decent movie until the shitty lame ending, goddamn that movie was stupid.