Remixing my EP (Axefx ultra, MF, Joey Sturgis snare)

TheRealSam

Serial Riffer
Dec 28, 2008
Wattrelos, France
www.myspace.com
Hey guys!
So I basically lost a lot of my presets when I changed my computer and switched to Nuendo, so I need to re work on all of the tracks which are part of my EP. I just finished the mix and mastering of this one, so I'd like to have some feedback over it, and if it is any good, if there aren't too many things to change, I might keep it for the other songs.
Here are the links:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1009264&songID=11356995

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, so much of what goes on here as critiquing is all personal preferences..

I'd PERSONALLY like to have the guitars more at the front of the mix and the drums poking through. Not the other way round.

kronk_1985: I know what you mean but sometimes it can help me find something I wouldn't have noticed as my ears tend to get quite tired after some hours of mixing :p I've been listening to this song on different support (laptop, car, cellphone etc) and yeah you're definitely right, I'll do something about the drums being too loud, thanks :)

I dig the drum sounds, love the hecticness of some parts of the song, the guitars do need to have more body to them, they seem too low mixed and thin, the chugs sound very harsh in the high mid region. definitely room for improvement, but diggin the sounds!

Logshreds: first criticism I get on guitar sound, and completely agree with you ^^ Truth is that I added an EQ directly on the Axe when I recorded them and added way too much mids :/ Problem is that I already recorded all of my EP with this guitar sound, and recording everything once again would take me ages, as I haven't played some songs for neary a year, and have litteraly a ton of other songs to record ^^ I'll try to improve that with a bit more EQing, already scooped a bit of the mids I had added, I will figure something out ^^
Thanks a lot for the advice :D

There's something about that snare that just doesn't fit.. Its way too distracting. Not in a good way. Is it a blended sample? Or

Hey guys, I'll have to apologize for both the late answer and the bump (^^), but I just spent quite a lot of time working on the drum as it seemed to be the main problem of the mix. I recorded a playthrough, with a whole new mix/mastering, mind telling me if it is better or worse?

kronk_1985: the snare comes from Joey Sturgis's samples, loaded through drumagog, it sticks out but I kinda prefer it to the SD and MF samples.

iarebrandon: I worked on that, is it better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR1_iElB-ms&feature=youtu.be&a