Requeim/Apostle in Triumph

drowssap

Oct 14, 2004
from the FAQ:

[Requeim/Apostle in Triumph mastering fuckup]

The start of the song Apostle in Triumph is in fact supposed to be the end of the song Requiem. This occured when the master mixing was done, not due to any fault of the band. They have expressed their regret at it numerous times in the past.

We all know it is a fuckup. My question is has anyone actually tried to fix it to about where Opeth would have wanted it? If this has been asked before, 1) sorry 2) delete the thread.

I would love to have it done correctly.

I know that...however if you listen to it using random tracks, well it wouldn't be right now would it?

why do you care how I listen to it? I asked a simple fucking question. If no one has fixed it, fine. I could give a shit how you listen to your CD.

Décadent said:
Am I the only person who thinks albums need to be listened to in their entirety?

nope. i was beginning to think i was the only guy who did that anymore, Nick. so many people throw in a cd, listen to 1-3 songs, take it out, throw in another and repeat. i enjoy listening to FULL albums, and in fact it's almost a disease..i feel really incomplete and weird if i don't listen to the whole thing.

Well you have mad skill. The current one is very funny.

deliverance said:
nope. i was beginning to think i was the only guy who did that anymore, Nick. so many people throw in a cd, listen to 1-3 songs, take it out, throw in another and repeat. i enjoy listening to FULL albums, and in fact it's almost a disease..i feel really incomplete and weird if i don't listen to the whole thing.

Ever hear of Kyuss's "Welcome to Sky Valley"? If you haven't, get it. It's designed for people like you in many, many ways.

Everytime I take a shit, I feel like god is controlling me and disposing of the *miserable* existence known as as Ren's Detailed Hands.

Albums are made and bought so you like it as a whole, not just for bits and pieces, that's why they need to be listened to completely, not just most favourite songs. How do you know if one day a song you didn't like suddenly starts to appeal to you? It happens all the time though you'd never notice it if you just skipped the songs all the time. I used to think Wreath was a pretty boring song but got into it recently because I knew it deserved more of a chance. If you can't do that, just rip your favourite songs from the internet or wait for a compilation CD.