Requeim/Apostle in Triumph

coolsnow7 said:
Ever hear of Kyuss's "Welcome to Sky Valley"? If you haven't, get it. It's designed for people like you in many, many ways.

I have that CD and it's really good, and really upsetting.

So here's another question to all. If you convert a CDto MP3's and play it in whatever you use, do you burn all the suck ass songs along with the great one's?
FYI...CD sometimes don't have great songs on every track. Not all bands are Opeth, you know ;)

i burn the whole cd every time. cause i tend to only buy cds which i like every song on... and i burn them for backup purposes since college life isn't exactly the safest storage for cds.

Hilarious discussion!! I can listen to full albums which I probably prefer, or just certain tracks if I'm only in the mood for them. Totally depends on my mood, the phase of the moon, whether or not I got laid...etc...

But seriously, I love the beginning to "The Apostle in Triumph", whether it was meant to be that way or not. Seems like it fits just fine to me.

Seth

Yeah it's the loyal thing to do for your band. Imagine if you were listening to Still Life and you think something like 'Oh I'll just skip Moonlapse Vertigo because it takes too long to get into the vocals, and I'll just go to Face of Melinda.' You do that and you ruin the flow of the album, and you just feel incomplete for an instant...that's just an example, there aren't many people who'd skip that brilliant track or any other Opeth songs. But yeah, it depends on the band and the album. If it's that excruciating to listen to a certain track on an album it's pretty pointless to just keep listening to it a million more times.

That's the thing. Bands assemble albums in the same way as they assemble songs. There's a logical progression. It's all intentional, the bands wanted the songs to be heard in that order.

Décadent said:
An album is an album, you take the good with the bad.

...you take them both and there you have the facts of life

Seriously, why even own CD's? Buy cassettes. Tear off FF and REW

This is a dumb argument. I can't believe that people will listen to songs THEY DONT like because it's on an album......actually I can believe it. I see what people listen to on the radio. Listen to it because the band wants you to. Sheep.

drowssap said:
...you take them both and there you have the facts of life

Seriously, why even own CD's? Buy cassettes. Tear off FF and REW

This is a dumb argument. I can't believe that people will listen to songs THEY DONT like because it's on an album......actually I can believe it. I see what people listen to on the radio. Listen to it because the band wants you to. Sheep.

That's dumb. An album is a package deal.

Continuity > singles.

Trey Parker said:
no it's dumb to listen to music you don't like just to wait for the next song. that's almost retarded

I agree 100% What's wrong with these people??