requiem doubt

Rosa Negra Imortal

love never dies
Jun 13, 2002
Jardim da Saudade
Visit site
I listened that the beginnimg of The Apostle in Triumph (1:29) is a parte of Requiem...I don't know what type of mistake was done in the studio that fucked the song.
Are there any other Orchid's version or somethng else where I can find the real and entire Requiem?

funny I just opened a thread with the same topic....you can read about all the troubles with Orchid in their session diarys at www.opeth.com

(http://www.opeth.com/discography/orchid/orchid_history.html <-- the orchid diary)

As far as I know there aren´t any "repaired" versions on newer orchid releases, my re-release from 1997 has the same mistake.

But I´ll put the two pieces together for a special CD just with quiet Opeth songs on it.

Well, I just gave it a try and repaired it.

Now requiem takes 2:35. :)

It might be a poor work, because I never did such an edit before and I used "Nero" which for sure isn´t the best tool for doing that... :cry:

But I like the new version, it sounds very nice to me. I already liked it without the missing part but now it beats "Madrigal" from MAYH instantly. :D

But if you are interested in it, the MP3 is placed in my shared audiogalaxy file, it calls "opeth - requiem_full".
If it doesn´t appear I could send it to you by mail, if you want (1.5 Mb)...

Hmm, I would be surprised if nobody else has done this edit before...?

hey, i'm intersted in hearing that, verago...

since audiogalaxy is down, can you send it to me?... if you don't mind...

if you want to, pm me for details...

I think that they didn't repair Requiem because after it was first released everyone got used to it, didn't even realise it was a mistake. If they had've changed it, people might have got confused.