Residence Inn already sold out?

PureXul

Jul 31, 2006
Has anyone already booked the Residence Inn for next year? It's showing no rooms available from the 10th - 14th (or 11th - 14th, or any single day in that time period), but in past years they haven't opened rooms up until December/January. Curious if anyone has already gotten rooms or if they're just not available yet.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm referring to the 17th St location, not the "Historic" location.

17th Street still had rooms available on the day we left for Atlanta last month (we almost switched from the Marriott).. I would guess that they haven't gone on sale yet.

I also don't think they are available yet.....I think this is the same thing that happened last year.

I concur with DADRocks. They have not opened up the booking window completely yet, especially online. The only reason the Artmore is booked already is because of their prior history with us.

Don't fret! Same happens with the Marriott Suites! Try booking for August and you will probably see the same result!

FYI people, it appears they've open the Residence Inn for reservations. What's different this year, they charge your card after you reserve....no cancellations allowed.

FYI people, it appears they've open the Residence Inn for reservations. What's different this year, they charge your card after you reserve....no cancellations allowed.

Damn, that sucks bad. Why the change? So there goes the greater rates that usually happen the week before the festival.

I really don't like to be charged on my card right now (8 months in advance) with no cancellation possibility. Suckage...

Damn, that sucks bad. Why the change? So there goes the greater rates that usually happen the week before the festival.

I really don't like to be charged on my card right now (8 months in advance) with no cancellation possibility. Suckage...

I'm guessing people end up cancelling late, and the hotel ends up having unsold rooms. Won't be the case this year.

When I looked a week (?) ago, they had some of those room types (prepay in full, no cancel) as well as some slightly higher priced normal, cancellable reservations. Those must've sold out.

Oh, and I'm looking at the Courtyard and underneath every room type it says:
The rate for this room changes on 09/11/14 to XXX.00 (USD) per night

where XXX is like $20/night higher than normal.

I have called this hotel 3 times. They keep telling me they are sold out and I've been staying there for 8 years. They must have broken protocol and taken reservations early this year because I've never ever had a problem getting in when I've booked in January.

And the rates went up...the prepay is actually pretty damn frustrating. I can understand charging the card a few weeks before the event as the Artmore does, but immediate charge with no cancellation? Yikes.

When I looked a week (?) ago, they had some of those room types (prepay in full, no cancel) as well as some slightly higher priced normal, cancellable reservations. Those must've sold out.

Oh, and I'm looking at the Courtyard and underneath every room type it says:
The rate for this room changes on 09/11/14 to XXX.00 (USD) per night

where XXX is like $20/night higher than normal.

I've been checking the Residence Inn availability every few days for the last few months, and all I've gotten on my screen is red letters saying "Not 1 room available for the dates selected at that hotel".......then they've listed multiple other rooms available at other Marriott brands. I've never had to prepay at a Marriott......not that I mind too much as I don't plan on cancelling. I'm just a little surprised. Plus they increased the room rate by $40 a night from what I paid last year. Oh well, just glad I got a room there and I'm looking forward to this year PP!!!

I have called this hotel 3 times. They keep telling me they are sold out and I've been staying there for 8 years. They must have broken protocol and taken reservations early this year because I've never ever had a problem getting in when I've booked in January.

I doubt they were sold out, I'm guessing the people you spoke to just looked on their screen seeing that "Rooms weren't available", mistaken that they hadn't open up the rooms yet for being "sold out"

I've been checking for room availability for months and there have never been any rooms available there from September onward. So I called them last week and they said something about needing to enter the rate codes. They said all the rooms were available, but you just couldn't book them because no one had entered the rate codes yet.

So now it's pretty clear that they blocked people from booking so they could jack the rates up, make them non-refundable, not give AAA or other discounts and charge your credit card in full on booking. They obviously must have known PPUSA was coming and decided to screw us as a reward for our loyality.

Guy

I've never had to prepay at a Marriott......not that I mind too much as I don't plan on cancelling. I'm just a little surprised. Plus they increased the room rate by $40 a night from what I paid last year.
Last year I didn't come out for Wednesday night, but Thu/Fri/Sat were $119 each. I know it was around $169/night for Wed - Sun in 2011 and 2012, but the increase combined with the no refunds/no changes rule is a bit frustrating. I could understand one or the other - lock in a lower rate with a prepay OR pay more with the flexibility of cancelling/changing reservation - but both at once is annoying since they know damn well they're going to sell out that weekend.

Oh well, just glad I got a room there and I'm looking forward to this year PP!!!
Ultimately I agree, and I've already booked my room. Having stayed at a few different hotels, it's far and away my preference, so I'm willing to spend a little more and deal with the new rate rules, annoying as it may be.

I made my reservation and it was the standard rules - CC guarantee, penalty for cancelling after 6pm on day of.

That said, Friday and Saturday night's are double the price of the rest of the week. Well, more than double.

I made my reservation and it was the standard rules - CC guarantee, penalty for cancelling after 6pm on day of.

That said, Friday and Saturday night's are double the price of the rest of the week. Well, more than double.

I just checked Marriott.com, and the site says the same thing, about being special event, prepay....... I did see the option for a standard room (AAA rate), but we wanted the larger room.....did book online? or over the phone?