Taxes 154.66
Room Subtotal 1,121.28
AAA RATE
Full Kitchen
Living Room
Breakfast & Dinner
Swimming Pool ETC ...

It's A Win Win :danceboy:

I don't see any rooms with a full kitchen. Every room has a microwave and mini fridge though. I even checked other dates just in case they were sold out. I'd be very interested in THAT option!

Well I'm not expert on hotels. I don't travel much, and I have no idea which one is best or anything like that. All I know is I don't want to bring back those satanic bugs and I have no other way of knowing what to avoid except web sites. This will be my first PP, and Stratovarius (AND ESPECIALLY JOP) is drawing me out from under my rock. So I guess I have to stay somewhere, right? Too bad PP isn't a 24x7 event. OR IS IT??? :Smokedev:

Actually, it is, kind of.. ask anyone who stays at the Artmore. :)

Booked my suite for 4 nights at the Regency Suites. Only $684 after taxes and fees, and it's a short 10 minute walk from the venue. Only problem is it's prepaid, but otherwise I think I'll love it.

Careful with these posts... one report from some guy who "swears" his room must have had bed bugs three years ago does not constitute a "problem". For whatever it's worth, I saw another bedbug site that didn't have any of these hotels on it, but had the Artmore listed.

TOTALLY agreed. Take those bedbug reporting sites with a large grain of salt. Every hotel has outbreaks now and then. Those who say they don't are lying. :) But seriously, it's better to consult with the many PPUSA attendees with firsthand experience than to take your cue from a website.

For anyone still hotel-shopping, I got the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel (looks to be a 15-20 minute walk, straight down the street), for $100/night (plus taxes) on hotwire.com. Until the end of the month, there's a $25 discount for using their app (code: APP25) - just search for 4 star hotels in midtown, 2 will come up (the Renaissance @ ~$100 and the Loews @ ~$170).

I'm surprised more folks haven't mentioned the new hotel, Hilton Garden Inn-Homewood Suites Atlanta Midtown. It's walking distance to the venue (10-15 min walk) and 2 blocks from the Midtown MARTA station (1 stop away from the Arts Center station). Also, it's near Publix and Mac's Liquor Store.

97 10th Street NW, Atlanta, Georgia, 30309 1-404-524-4076 Located at 10th St. and Williams St. - across from the Chinese Buddha restaurant.

1000410_555426447847532_1612574013_n.jpg

537111_10151429766852943_635638879_n.jpg

I stayed there last year. ALL OF YOU STAY AWAY! This hotel is MINE ALL MINE. Heh.
Just make sure you plan your day well if you are walking, otherwise you might make this trip 2 or three times in a day and it is almost 2 miles round trip.

The hotel itself is really nice. Expensive but nice.
If you go look for my previous posts about this place you can see how to stay there for free or close to free.

For anyone still hotel-shopping, I got the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel (looks to be a 15-20 minute walk, straight down the street), for $100/night (plus taxes) on hotwire.com. Until the end of the month, there's a $25 discount for using their app (code: APP25) - just search for 4 star hotels in midtown, 2 will come up (the Renaissance @ ~$100 and the Loews @ ~$170).

Wow, that's a really good deal - thanks for sharing!

You're right - I first searched Atlanta, then limited my search by 4 stars, and narrowed the area to Midtown. This yielded 2 results - $103 or $157. Hotwire lists $224 as the regular price for the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown.

866 W. Peachtree Street, NW Atlanta,GA, 30308
0.93 miles from location
4 Stars
(678) 412-2400
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/ATLBD-Renaissance-Atlanta-Midtown-Hotel

I didn't have it saved to the custom ProgPower USA google map, but I just edited it to add this hotel.

It's on the same block The Cheetah and the closest MARTA station is the Midtown station.

~Jen

FYI for those who booked at the Residence Inn under the special event rate - they're (finally) charging the card you put down when you booked the room. No idea why it took them 4 months, but they just ran my card a couple days ago. If you had forgotten about it, might want to keep your eye on your credit card bill.

This is a bit old but just got this hotel using Priceline for $90 a night. Totaled at 326.04 with their fees for 3 nights

Days of a 1 bedroom suite at Georgian Terrace at $80 a night are so over :cry:

*bump*

Still showing room(s) available!
1 Bedroom Suite, 1 Queen, Sofa bed for $229

~Jen

I wasn't sure If I was going to afford the trip this year, but got lucky on finding cheap airfare recently. Now I have discovered a much larger problem... decent priced hotels for three nights. Trying to find one with a budget of $400-$500 near the venue is nearly impossible.

Stayed at the Artmore for many years... but that became rather costly on a single income. Switched to the Marriot midtown two years ago, then the Courtyard/Techwood last year. loved both places. This switch was more due to cost than convenience.

So here we are this year, and was looking at the Best Value inn... but have a feeling it would be a poor choice just from the reviews on it. Possibly going to book the Hyatt which is a bit farther away for a little more money, although possibly out of my budget range at the end of the day after taxes/fees.

Anyone stay at these joints? Thoughts on these choices? Anyone run across some good deals?

Is it just me and my bad timing, or have the rates gone up exponentially since last year? I am a Marriott rewards member, and usually find some good deals with that. None of them have any deals this year. I checked my last 3 years expenses of going to progpower, and got the courtyard for $139 a night last year. I booked at the Marriot midtown and paid $149 a night two years in a row prior to that. Both are $180+ now... and the renaissance is over $200 as of today, and that used to be between $100-$120 a few years ago. The Residence is still $200 as well...

crazy...

I ended up booking a Condo at AirBnb this year for the first time. Did a quick search and I see a few places available in fair walking distance. Certainly further than you're going to be used to though. Prices seem to start around $105 per night. Closer to $150 for the closest few.

I see one fairly close titled "Modern Highrise 1BR in Midtown". $89 per night, $180 cleaning fee, $54 service fee, so $501 total for Thurs/Fri/Sat.

Good luck!

*edit*
I've stayed at Best Value (formerly Super 8). Its, uh, workable. Definitely in the "slumming it" category but gets ya a place to sleep and keep your things within walking distance.

So here we are this year, and was looking at the Best Value inn... but have a feeling it would be a poor choice just from the reviews on it. Possibly going to book the Hyatt which is a bit farther away for a little more money, although possibly out of my budget range at the end of the day after taxes/fees.

Anyone stay at these joints? Thoughts on these choices? Anyone run across some good deals?

I have been staying at the ABVI (formerly Super 8) every year since PPVI and never had a problem that couldn't be rectified immediately by staff (except for somebody taking all the ice every day). There's not much of a party atmosphere there (which is fine by me), and places to eat are a bit of a hike unless you have a car. I recommend signing up for their free Value Club which allows for slightly better rates. Be careful when choosing the room/rate as some of the options do not allow for cancellations.

Thanks guys!

I just happend to check again this afternoon, and as it so happens... the Residence Inn was having a weekend special for Rewards members!

Booked it for $129 for the weekend. Hope it's not too good to be true - this is less than any of the other hotels thus far in a .5 mile radius!

Thanks guys!

I just happend to check again this afternoon, and as it so happens... the Residence Inn was having a weekend special for Rewards members!

Booked it for $129 for the weekend. Hope it's not too good to be true - this is less than any of the other hotels thus far in a .5 mile radius!

Thanks a lot for the tip Dustin! When I read your post last Friday, I went to their site and was able to book for $116/night for Thursday 11- to Sunday 14 with the AAA/CAA rate (for the studio, it was $109), which wasn't available before.

Now, it looks like it's sold-out for Sept. 11-14 and back to the original high rates (over $209) for Sept 10-14... And the special rates like AAA are no longer available.

Question for the Residence Inn regulars: does the sofa bed really suck, or is workable? I also asked for a rollaway bed, anyone ever slept on some of these? Is it better or worse than the sofabad?

Thanks.

Thanks a lot for the tip Dustin! When I read your post last Friday, I went to their site and was able to book for $116/night for Thursday 11- to Sunday 14 with the AAA/CAA rate (for the studio, it was $109), which wasn't available before.

Now, it looks like it's sold-out for Sept. 11-14 and back to the original high rates (over $209) for Sept 10-14... And the special rates like AAA are no longer available.

Question for the Residence Inn regulars: does the sofa bed really suck, or is workable? I also asked for a rollaway bed, anyone ever slept on some of these? Is it better or worse than the sofabad?

Thanks.

Sofa beds are pretty bad. It seams the people that slept on them, a lot of times sleeps with it closed the next night.