Residence Inn already sold out?

Thanks a lot for the tip Dustin! When I read your post last Friday, I went to their site and was able to book for $116/night for Thursday 11- to Sunday 14 with the AAA/CAA rate (for the studio, it was $109), which wasn't available before. Now, it looks like it's sold-out for Sept. 11-14 and back to the original high rates (over $209) for Sept 10-14... And the special rates like AAA are no longer available. Question for the Residence Inn regulars: does the sofa bed really suck, or is workable? I also asked for a rollaway bed, anyone ever slept on some of these? Is it better or worse than the sofabad? Thanks.

Nice!!!

The AAA discount was a excellent plus in your case, you saved $100 a night out the gate!

Before I booked my room, they were $229 a night... Ouch... Just goes to show that some hotels adjust their prices like airlines :)

...seriously stupid question for the peeps that have stayed at the Residence Inn previously:

They offer "Grocery Service"... what exactly is that?

Is this just shuttle service? I am curious as we will indeed need to hit a Publix or Kroger upon our arrival.

Supplies and cases of Yuengling is priority one once we get into midtown!

...seriously stupid question for the peeps that have stayed at the Residence Inn previously:

Is this just shuttle service? I am curious as we will indeed need to hit a Publix or Kroger upon our arrival.

You can give them a grocery list, they'll get the food for you by next afternoon. No liquor though. Also, no charge for the service. There are a few places not too far for getting liquor.

You give them a shopping list and they'll go to Kroger's once a day, pick everything up and deliver it to your room. It's quite convenient actually. :)

So, any other have slept on the sofa beds and/or the rollaway beds and can give me infos about their suckiness or not?

I had a furnished apartment once when I was on contract. The living room had a sofa bed and guests and visiting family bitterly complained after using it.

You could get an air mattress. All you would need to inflate it, is to have Volbeat playing close to it.

I had a furnished apartment once when I was on contract. The living room had a sofa bed and guests and visiting family bitterly complained after using it.

You could get an air mattress. All you would need to inflate it, is to have Volbeat playing close to it.

Because Volbeat are awesome and can fill mattresses with their minds? I don't get this one.

So, any other have slept on the sofa beds and/or the rollaway beds and can give me infos about their suckiness or not?

I've previously used the sofa bed and I thought it was ok. Definitely less comfortable than a regular bed, but not terrible.

Thanks for your input about the sofa/rollaway beds.

And for TDD, you should really get over your obsession with Volbeat. Did you think about seeing a professional about it? :rolleyes:

BTW, when you have to explain your "joke", it's because it sucked in the first place...

Thanks for your input about the sofa/rollaway beds.

And for TDD, you should really get over your obsession with Volbeat. Did you think about seeing a professional about it? :rolleyes:

BTW, when you have to explain your "joke", it's because it sucked in the first place...

My jokes never suck but they sometimes blow.

Was just on the web site for the Residence, and a couple of rooms have opened up.

I called about an hour after your post, and they were both gone again. I have a feeling we are going to see this onesie-twosie thing happen right up until the day of the show. Thing is, lots of local hotels still have rooms, if you call them directly. I got a room just down the street at a Marriott for 180 a night and they had more than a few open.