Residence Inn already sold out?

I just checked Marriott.com, and the site says the same thing, about being special event, prepay....... I did see the option for a standard room (AAA rate), but we wanted the larger room.....did book online? or over the phone?

I booked online and I left off the AAA search - I more wanted the room than anything! So I have it reserved at a fairly absurd amount, but figuring the convenience or the cost of getting two rooms with the amenities we want, it's ... right in line.

We'll probably just stay at the Marriott on 14th Street, or at the Four Seasons - for one, the looks from the other guests are fun, and also they both lowered their rates to around $220 a night last year right before the festival.

With the AAA, the Wed and Thu are $170 + tax for the cheapest room and almost $400 per night for Fri and Sat. So, for 4 nights it is over $1,200 with tax. No thanks. I'll walk a few blocks and pay half that at the Regency Suites Midtown instead, and not have to pay until September and be able to cancel my room if I need to.

I guess I was very lucky to book the huge 2-bed 2-bath suite 2 days before the festival last year for 3 nights at $169/night... Won't be possible to wait that much this year.

How long is the walk from the Regency Suites to Center Stage? 10 minutes? I know 14th Street and Peachtree and then a block east only took about 6-7 minutes.

I am not liking that price for the Residence Inn. Almost $1,000 for just 4 nights. The Regency Suites looks like a good option. Relatively close, and just a straight line walk. Plus I like the prices.

The Residence Inn site for reservations makes no fucking sense. My buddies and me have agreed around 6PM to split the cost of a 2-bedroom 2 bathroom in 3 and when we tried to book, it was sold-out. So we said, fuck, our plan fell out and one of my friends decided to book a room just for him. Now I just tried the site again, and the 2-bed 2-bath are back and available. WTF? Also, the cheaper rooms were "almost sold-out" 2 hours ago, and it's not the case anymore. How can this happen with reservations that can't be cancelled?

:mad:

I just booked a studio Wed.-Sun. with a AAA "discount" - which includes the special "thank you sir, may I please have another" rate for Friday & Saturday. If I tried it without the AAA, there was a suite showing available, but with payment in advance required.

Definitely not thrilled about getting a smaller room than what I've had in the past for WAY more money, especially since the service has gone downhill in the last couple of years...but from what I've read on this thread, I figured I'd better go ahead and snag what was available.

On the phone with TRI... and even they don't know how to explain their policies or website... horrible.

This is a total mess that makes everyone who tried to reserve today pissed...

...and exactly the reason why the Residence Inn can suck a fat one. I stayed there three years in a row. Each year the room rate went up. The 2nd year they had me in one room for 2 nights then had to move me to a smaller room for the other two due to a booking error on their part. The 3rd year they gave me the runaround on my confirmation...I had a room, didn't, then had a room again. They actually upgraded me to a suite due to their incompetence that year. Year 4,we had reservations, they cancelled them on me about 12 hours after they confirmed my reservation over the phone, and moved me to the other Residence In further away.
That was the end for me. It just didn't make sense to be filled with hate over room reservations while depleting my vacation happiness.

If you first go here:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/apisites/microsite/apply/hilton-hhonors-card/71-1000-95?returnUrl=http://www.americanexpress.com
Apply for and get this card...you get 40,000 points almost right away.

Then you can book a hilton room here:
http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/georgia/homewood-suites-by-hilton-atlanta-midtown-ga-ATLMIHW/index.html

Those 40,000 points were put towards a room last fall...and two of us stayed for 3 nights for a grand total of 183 bucks. About a mile from the venue but not a bad hike when it is cool outside. GREAT dinner--all the beer and wine you can drink!

I was just able to book three nights Sept. 11th-14th here http://www.regencysuites.com/ for $445.00 total using AAA. Maybe this will help someone? If you check the AAA box you will NOT have to prepay. Also, they have included dinner as well as breakfast.

Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/17th Street
Still can't book anything except a 1 Bedroom Suite at $179 FRI And Sat $400 THATS NUTS :fu:
They know We are comming and they are gonna stick it to Us :mad:
I think they are gonna open more fingers crossed !