RESPECT AMONG PEOPLE UNDER THE UMBRELLA OF METAL

The Greys said:
I bet you we bullied a lot more fatty. I only had to deal with a few locals(mainly the ones above). I moved here and even weird people find me weird. You can come forward and admit someone bullied you. I have been to a lot of metal shows and no one is by any means is 'tough'. Most people who think they are tough had not had to deal with people who are actually deranged and tough.

Bullied?!? We used to regularly attend shows in NYC(L'Amour, CBGB, Irving Plaza, Studio 54) when I was in my teens in the 80's - height of the Metal Hardcore crossover days. Tough? Sheeeeeeiiiiiiiiit. Brooklyn or the Bowery at 3:00am...you either had your shit together or, well...bullied would be a blessing I suppose. Folks did look out for each other though...

If by metalhead we mean average stereotypical mall goth, there is no respect whatsoever.

Most of the real metal fans I know, though, are cool people.

I generally like anyone with a sense of morality; I can't stand pissheadedness though, and I sure as hell cannot stand the majority of people. Metalheads are exactly the same as many other poeple, the only difference is their tastes in music.

Metalheads overall seem to have a sense of respect to eachother, although some people who listen to metal are not really into it that much, like some people I know, and they fucking annoy the hell out of me, youknow? the ones who never actually "listen" to any metal

Respect and camaraderie are inherent in metal because people gather around the music. No other music genre has people who gather around music for music's sake, all the fans of other musical genres listen to music that centers around their lifestyle, whereas metal fans listen to metal because of the music itself, not because of their pre-existing lifestyle.

Ender Rises said:
Respect and camaraderie are inherent in metal because people gather around the music. No other music genre has people who gather around music for music's sake, all the fans of other musical genres listen to music that centers around their lifestyle, whereas metal fans listen to metal because of the music itself, not because of their pre-existing lifestyle.

Those claims seem pretty unsubstantiated tbh.

ender's hardly going to care if some asshole forum poster dislikes one of his posts, he's already got being a clueless, socially-inept bisexual to deal with