Rest in Peace, Peter Steele.

I just thought of something... Peter Steele died yesterday... then, Iceland erupts today!!!! Coincidence? Yes, but what a cool one, eh? Anyways, I'm going to choose to believe that these two events are directly connected and that all flights to and from Europe have been grounded for the day, in memory of Peter. Rest in Peace, Peter Steele.

Thank you!

- Dr. Gold

Last edited by a moderator:
This really sucks because Kenny stated Type 0 had started working on new material. I was looking forward to a new record. Peter is a legend, so continue to spread what he taught us through music and dark humor. Type 0 is a one of a kind band that was truly magic, and I hate to see them go.

Dammit.......I just heard about this a few hours ago.

Peter Steele died yesterday... then, Iceland erupts today!!!! Coincidence? Yes, but what a cool one, eh? Anyways, I'm going to choose to believe that these two events are directly connected and that all flights to and from Europe have been grounded for the day, in memory of Peter. Rest in Peace, Peter Steele.

Indeed a fitting memorial.

RIP

R.I.P. big guy. Got to see them once in 1997 (!) on the October Rust tour. It was a great show, even though I had to endure Coal Chamber as openers, and the band ended the set by throwing rolls of toilet paper into the crowd, hahaha... was a great time

Type O Negative is one of my absolute and most favorite bands ever, and Peter Steele one of the most influential people on my life ever, in terms of people I've never met.

I have to honor Peter Steele for the life that he led, and all of the amazing original music he made. He lived fast, and I have to think all that fast living ultimately played some part in his demise. But if you're familiar with Type O Negative, then you know Peter's own feelings on life and death. In the promo interview/video that they did for Dead Again, Peter is talking about dead friends, dead rock stars, and all of his friends that are dying, etc, and he says "I hope I'm next."

It's hard to believe that Peter Steele is gone, and that there will never be another Type O album, and that there will never be another Type O show. Ever since I got into Type O Negative, they've always been there somewhere out there in the world, at least in my own mind.

I first heard Type O Negative when I was 15, and they've been a part of my life ever since; a part that I've valued highly and looked to for inspiration. I was fortunate enough to see them twice, I think in 1998 or 1999, and in 2000, but I'm bummed that I didn't go to see them again at least once more.

Thanks for reading my jumbled thoughts on Type O Negative and Peter Steele. "Halloween in Heaven....it's Christmas in Hell, Hell, Hell!"

-Evan

I have seen Type O 7 times and met the band a few. They were the Doors of my generation. The music was like no other (really). Most say they hate World Coming Down. I feel it was their best piece of work.
The only band now days that has an original feel to me other than Type O. is Opeth. Both bands have raw talent and they do not mimic any other band.
R.I.P. ole Pete you will really be missed...