Review: Suffocation, immolation and skinless at the H.o.B nov 5

eccedoppelganger

New Metal Member
Oct 28, 2007
Los Angeles (Chatsworth)
there was a total of 4 bands that peformed on this day (suffocation, immolation, skinless, and warbringer)
At first let me just say that the security staff at the h.o.b are the worst, maybe i am being too critical; H.O.B security guard #22 is just a little queer that has nothing better to do than to initiate his so called inquisition on the metal heads!
getting back to my review.
Warbringer played a good metal show, let me just say that they could of lower down the special effects on his voice that gave it too much of an echo, their show was good, it would of been better if the vocalist wouldnt sound too cocky when he announced that they were in contract with century media...i noticed that the crowd werent too please with his tone of voice, but we are here to judge his music performace not his way of oration.

now we start with the trio (the 3new yorker bands)
skinless started and the moshing really got initiated (furious slam dancing).
they added a bit of humor when at the end they started doing the so-called Zombie moshpit, i believe that the vocalist of gatekeeper really got into the spirit.
and about immolation, i enjoyed them the most, their drummer worked his arse off. they had the best sound, they performed their classics and their song from the new music video.
now we start with suffocation. what can i say, they did a worthy performace. i got the chance to see suffocation like 3 or 4 years ago when they played at the key club (my memory is a bit foggy at the specific venue)
it sucked that they had some sound problems (most likely relating to the drummer's microphone) this only lasted 4 minutes or so, at this time, they started thanking the fans and stating that his next song was dedicated to Vitek (r.i.p)...frank mullen stated that there are some shi-tty countries (he forgot to name one specifically) where they have the worst roads, and that they sometimes dont make that much money from touring.

:headbang:

rock and roll

www.myspace.com/lord_eccedoppelganger

i give this show an 8/10
i would of given it an 8.5 if it wasnt for the case that they (3 bands) mention over and over and over again that they were new yorkers.