reviews

^ Agreed, sadly.

on topic: nice reviews, after listening to the album several hundreds of times, I've come to the conclusion that I like it about as much as SR, but a little less than TFB and VFTSG, which are still my favorite albums. I hope the next album will have English lyrics again.
8 / 10

8/10??? Preposterous! And I hope he keeps the Swedish lyrics, why would one want more in English? Swedish is a lot nicer.

Some people are weird. That doesn't mean they're trolls. I don't think he's screwing with anyone.

True, his posts are bloody weird, but they make me laugh hee hee.

Djöfull;9841414 said:
A very favourable review from Metalreviews, a first time listener is impressed and I think I/we should forgive him for thinking the singing is in norwegian.
http://www.metalreviews.com/reviews/detail.php3?id=7158

Ah! Here's a review I really like.
It's a great thing he's a first time listener, he can enjoy the album at 100%. There's no possible "disappointment" for him, since apparently a Vintersorg album can only be disappointing when compared to another Vintersorg album... "too progressive", "not prog enough", "no DiGiorgio", "programmed drums"... Oh well, okay... When compared to the Black Metal and Folk Metal scene, Jordpuls is very impressive, don't you think so? And when compared to nothing at all, it's just a wonderful journey.
And this is my own approach to Vintersorg's music: listening to a new album without comparing it to the previous ones. I had high expectations for Jordpuls, because I've been waiting for a high-quality work, but I really didn't mind about the direction it would take, "back to the roots" or not, Swedish language or English, technical or straightforwards tracks...
I'm very happy I'm in this kind of mood regarding a few bands (like Vintersorg and Moonspell): I just trust the musicians and enjoy the ride they offer. And so far I've never regretted that confidence because these are special bands whose music always speaks to me, even if they change their sound or surprise me. And it's so awesome when you don't want to complain about anything but just have great pleasure as a listener. That's why I don't have a favorite album, they're all great journeys for me.
So yeah, this review makes me smile: it seems that this guy is unable to complain about details, he takes the album as it is, he's impressed and have a wonderful time listening to it - just like me :)

Nice post, Dinka.

When compared to the Black Metal and Folk Metal scene, Jordpuls is very impressive, don't you think so?
:p Me? Well, I don't like pure blackmetal, I think there has to be a spicey element involved. Some folk metal is just pretentious and drunkards tried to have a good time or people trying to be special with special moves and clothes. Jordpuls doesn't remind me of any of that.